My Spooky Good Pumpkin Foam Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

My weakness is a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Cold Foam Cold Brew because it is so good. Although I am not the biggest fan of sugary drinks, I substitute the Vanilla Syrup for three pumps of Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup. It tastes the same and it is less sugar! Even with the substitution it is costly to buy Starbucks every week so I decided to experiment with ways to make my own foam/creamer using pumpkin syrup. I use Jordan’s Skinny Syrups to get the pumpkin flavor. I use the Pumpkin Spice syrup which can be found here or in select stores. I also use a hand frother or my automatic hot and cold milk frother. I use the hand frother when I am using a caloric dense milk/creamer like half and half or a creamer because the automatic frother requires a minimum amount which becomes too much for me. And I use a Keurig for my black coffee. So let’s get into the two ways I make my pumpkin spice coffee.

Style Rep Image Home Base 13png?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Felicity Warner

Half and half with pumpkin

I pour 2-3 oz into into a small cup but big enough to let the foam expand then I pour an estimated “pump” of the syrup in, then I use my hand frother and froth until it stops expanding. You can test your foam and see if you like it or not. I pour it in my coffee and enjoy.

Vanilla creamer with pumpkin

I pour 1-2 tbs into into a small cup but big enough to let the foam expand then I pour an estimated “pump” of the syrup in, then I use my hand frother and froth until it stops expanding. Repeat the same process as before.

Protein shake with pumpkin

I pour 1/4 cup into into my automatic frother and add my pumpkin syrup, let the frother do its thing. Then I pour it in my coffee!

MIlk with pumpkin

I pour 1/4 cup of any type of milk into into my automatic frother and add my pumpkin syrup. Sometimes I add a splash of half and half because some milks struggle to create foam. Then I repeat the steps above!

Please try! Happy last week of Spooky Season! 🎃🎃🎃

Anna is a senior at Hawaii studying Computer Science specializing in Cyber Security and minoring in Math. She is from Napa Valley, California. She loves focusing on school, health and fitness. When she is not studying, you can catch her working out, at the beach, with family, cuddling with her cats, at a coffee shop eating a lot of food or traveling somewhere off island.