Meet Kazuma Kimoto, Fashion Connoisseur

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

This week’s cutie is an alum of UHM with a bachelor’s in Japaense. 23 year old, Kazuma Kimoto, currently works at Diesel USA in the Ala Moana Shopping Center as a denim specialist. He prides himself in understanding all aspects of the Italian company; it’s his love for fashion that drives his product knowledge. 

Why are you passionate about fashion? 

I feel it’s something that shows people the “true” you. No one will dress the exact same as myself, so it creates a unique feature to me.

When did you realize fashion was something you cared about?

I realized it when I entered college. Up until high shcool, I used to be on the bigger side, so I didn’t care for it, but after cutting down my weight, I wanted to look more like the models we see in magazines. 

Describe your personal style.

Simple. I wear whatever I feel like. Start with the denim, then I figure out what top I want to wear; shoes have to match. If the denim is dark, and my top is a lighter color, then I’ll try to find a light shade boot to finish it off.

Do you consider yourself a leader in fashion? Do you think you influence others?

I don’t consider myself a leader in fashion. I don’t keep track of what goes in style, so I can’t influence my own fashion sense onto others.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years, I hope to see myself in Japan, preferably working in the fashion industry, or, if not, as a teacher. I want to have a taste of the unique styles that go through Japan; if I’m not in the industry, I would see myself teaching adults (not kids) English.

Turn ons/off?

On: Asian, short.

Off: Stuck up.

Ideal date night?

An ideal date night would probably involve a few of our friends and we would go out. Having more people would probably be better, since I feel I would be a big shy around her.

Whats your life motto and why?

Don’t give up, because nothing can be achieved if you give up. I was able to lose weight by not giving up. Giving up means you’re losing opportunities that await you in the future.

Lightning round:

Bacon or eggs? Eggs

Coffee or tea? Tea

White or black? Black

Beer or liqueur? Liqueur

Blonde or brunette? Brunette

Christmas or Halloween? Halloween

Sammi Baum is a 21 year old journalist working to inspire the masses with her words. Baum is Taiwanese-German, a journalism major with an emphasis in English and Italian, a curvy women advocate, a gamer girl, and a low-key fashionista. Currently, she is a junior at the University of Hawaii.