This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

If you love makeup like I do, you know that spending $100 at beauty stores like Sephora, doesn’t look like a lot of products when you ring up at the cashier. Makeup is expensive ladies! From $20 matte lipsticks, to $50 foundation, it can be really hard to achieve boujee makeup looks. But do not worry, all is not lost! I’ve compiled a list of my favorite drugstore dupes that are so similar to the same high-end product, that you will do a double take.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer vs. e.l.f. Mineral Face Primer

Saving you $10, both of these 0.5 oz primers have the same pore defining effect!

NARS Orgasm Blush vs. Dolce Pink by Milani

This shimmer will make your cheeks shine!

High Beam by Benefit vs. NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator

With Benefit giving you 0.33 oz, and NYX 0.6 oz, you’re get more product for LESS!

Koko K Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lipstick vs. NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick

I use both and I don’t see a difference on how long they last!

Hoola by Benefit vs. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder

Saving you around $25!

Laura Mercier Setting Powder vs. NYX Mineral Matte Finishing Powder

Saving you $30 on this makeup dupe, you could use that money to buy a $30 concert ticket to an indie band at the Republic. How awesome is that?! Basically, if you were to purchase all of these expensive products at Sephora, your total would rack up to be $157 without tax! Now, if you were to buy the drugstore makeup dupes, it is $35.99! So, take that $100 saved in your pocket and put it towards something worth saving. (Or just buy food). Either way, $100 of tacos, is money well spent over $100 of expensive makeup!

Emma is an undergraduate student at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, pursuing a bachelors degree in Sociology with a focus in Criminology, Deviance, and Social Control. She plans to further her education and continue to Law School in 2020. She has a passion for painting, loves theatre, and cherishes her moments with her sisters of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Hailey is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and is pursuing a double major in marketing and international business, with a minor in fashion design merchandising. She is one of our Campus Correspondents here at Hawaii Her Campus and she's an active member of Alpha Gamma Delta. Hailey loves going to the beach with friends, hiking, and taking pictures!