This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Name: Kylee Babcock

Age: 19

Hometown: San Jose, California

Major: Biochemistry 

Year in College: Sophomore 

Relationship Status: Single

What do you hope to do with your major?

I hope to one day work in one of Lush’s head offices for developing new skincare products!

What’s your favorite type of food?

This is a hard one, but I would say seafood! Literally every week I go get poke bowls at least once for the week. 

Outside of school, what are you most likely doing?

I’m most likely at the gym playing volleyball, going out with friends and working on my photography skills, at the beach, or going on random adventures with friends.

What is your favorite ocean activity?

My favorite ocean activity would have to be going to play beach volleyball and then swimming after.

If you could go on a date with any celebrity, who would you pick?

Hands down I would have to go with Gerald Butler. Have you heard that man sing, he’s amazing!

Do you have any role models? If so, why?

My role models are my cousin Robbie (she’s always so selfless) and I would have to say Apo and my aunty Shannon  (grandmother) because they’re so laid back and don’t care when it comes to negavity, and they’re both awesome cooks! It’s great being able to have inspiration from others who have qualities that you’ll want to be or become! And it’s a great way to help focus on the goals that you want accomplished!

Are you a morning or a night person?

Night person, I’d rather sleep in and stay up throughout the night!

What can you spend hours binge watching on Netflix?

I can spend hours binging on Pokemon! Gotta catch them all!

What type of qualities does your dream guy have?

The types of qualities that my dream guy has is he’s: kind, has manners, is a bit sarcastic, laid-back, funny, a hint of adventure, is willingly to try new things (go on adventures or new foods) preferably my height or taller, hopefully who plays volleyball, someone who is family-oriented, and someone who compliments me, as in we balance each other out.

What is your favorite place on the island?

My favorite place on the island would have to be Kaneohe, it’s beautiful, and great for photos!

What is your favorite place that you’ve ever been?

My favorite place that I’ve ever been I would have to say is Tokyo, Japan, especially at night, it’s gorgeous!

Growing up in Colorado, McKale learned to love spending time outdoors, from riding horses to hiking mountain trails. McKale is a Political Science major, but hopes to be able to inspire people though truthful and unbiased writing. She is currently a freshman at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
Hawaii Contributor Account