How a TikTok Song Remix Helped Boost My Confidence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

I’m still working on my self-improvement journey. I’m honestly surprised that I’ve been so headstrong with this journey and I’m truly working hard everyday to make sure that I am the best version of myself.

In addition to the things that I’ve written about in my “How I’m Making My Senior Year My Best Year” and “Stress Relievers” articles, I am also practicing manifesting. According to Vox, manifesting is the practice of thinking aspirational thoughts with the purpose of making them real. And I highly believe in it. For any skeptics, I understand you, but this is what makes me happy and makes me feel good!

Now, to get to the actual purpose of the article, the TikTok remix. It’s a sped up version of the song “Lucky” by Lucky Twice. I came across the song in a TikTok video about using the sound for good luck. Of course, I liked it and used the sound (in a draft video) in order to lock in the luck. Yes, I am one of those girlies. But after making the draft, I felt so good. Just the action of saying that I’m so “lucky lucky” made me feel so good!

Everyday, I’ll go on YouTube and find this video of the song sped up and play it on loop. I like to listen to it when I get ready because that’s when I feel the happiest with myself. I’ll dance around my room and point at myself when it says “I’m so lucky lucky. I’m so lucky lucky. I’m so lovely lovely. I’m so lovely lovely.” because I AM so lucky and lovely!!

I’m also in my grateful and thankful era so I’m appreciating everything that I have right now. I learned all of this through my friend, Miko, and also TikTok. So everyday, out loud, I’ll say everything that I’m so grateful and thankful to have. Here’s an example of something that I like to say.

I’m so happy and grateful that I graduated from the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa with a Business Management degree. I’m so happy and grateful that I’m so happy and in love with my body. I’m so comfortable and proud of the body that I have. I’m so thankful for all of my friends that love and support me through thick and thin. I’m so thankful for my RA position that gives me a bed to sleep on and food to rejuvenate my body.

Manifesting and affirmations might not be everyone’s thing. It’s best to just give it a try and see if you like it. But always remember that you must do it and say everything with your chest and live like you’re living in the end result. You have to mean it because there’s no way that the universe will help you achieve and gain everything you dream of if you’re doubting it. Remember besties, you’ve already got everything that you ever want!

Aloha everyone! I'm Mary Joy, born and raised on the island of O'ahu. I'm a senior majoring in Business Management. On my free time, I enjoy finding new places to eat, spending time with friends, and taking naps :) I enjoy writing for HerCampus and showing everyone what I love about the island!