HONOLULU Fashion Week Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Ready to scope out the newest looks from local designers? The 2015 HONOLULU Fashion Week presented by Hawaiian Airlines kicks off tomorrow at the Hawai‘i Convention Center. Some of the top high fashion and designers in Hawai‘i (and even some nationally and internationally known) will be presenting looks.

Friday Nov. 20

Opening at 6 p.m., the first show of the night features the Live Aloha Fashion Show. It costs nothing to stand and watch, and it’s a good thing too because reserved seats are SOLD OUT! This line up includes 20 of local designers and will include day wear, swimwear and evening wear.

At 8 p.m., Kini Zamora introduces his Spring/Summer 2016 Collection. Foresee “flowing structural pieces with a bohemian flair.” Standing room is free and $35 for reserved seating. This might be a show to get reserved tickets for, as all proceeds got to Reach the Runway –  a nonprofit that creates  mentorship opportunities for O‘ahu middle school students interested in pursuing a career in the fashion career in the fashion industry.

Saturday, Nov. 21

Beginning at 1 p.m. is Manuheali‘i Fashion Show. Designer and owner Danene Lunn, is “known for her ready-to-wear collections that capture the essence and allure of living an aloha lifestyle.” This line will be celebrating 30 years of fashion and creativity. Standing room is free and open to the public, and reserved seating is $25.

Starting at 6 p.m.,  Get Out! takes the runway showcasing Hawai‘i’s enthusiastic energy. Fifteen of Hawai‘i’s designers “feature tropical hues, bursts of color, graphic prints and mix matched style in the street wear show.

Concluding Saturday night’s fashion escapades is Hawaii Airlines presenting its Runway to Runway Fashion show. This show begins at 8 p.m., standing room is free and open to the public with reserved seating available for $25. Designers lines in this show include: Todd Snyder from New York, ELLERY from Sydney, LIE SANGBONG from Seoul, South Korea, AULA from Tokyo and Kaypee Soh from right here in Hawai‘i.

Sunday, Nov. 22

From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wilhelmina International’s Roman Young and Wilhelmina Models, NYC’s Bobby Gutierrez are holding a model search. All endeavoring models will have the chance to be considered for agency representation. Originally from Hawai‘i, Young and Gutierrez both have over 35 years of combined experience in the fashion industry. You can find more information here.

Throughout the weekend, the HONOLULU Fashion Week Marketplace will be open (free to the public) so you can shop from over 50 local designers beautu bars and sponsor booths. Designers include: Allison Izu, Olena Kai Swimwear, Peace of Paradise, Reyn Spooner, Salato Designs, Ten Tomorrow and more.

Zebley Foster is a senior at University of Hawaii at Manoa. She is getting her major in journalism and a minor in English. In her free time she dances salsa, reads books, writes, and of course: goes to the beach!
Shiina LoSciuto is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa studying journalism and communications. She someday hopes to be a TV talk show host, as well as become BFFs with Taylor Swift. In her free time she is taking naps or obsessing over the show Scandal.