Fabian Batey: A Swoon-Worthy German Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Year: Senior

Major: English Literature

Hometown: Heidelberg, Germany

Favorite Activities: Hanging out at the beach, working out, sports, hiking, and anything else active

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Tell me about your modeling experience.

I started modeling when I was 16. I did a couple shoots here and there for websites, and when I was 17, I got booked for my first paid gig for Asics. Later, I did two for Disney, Everlast, and just a bunch of different companies. My latest [shoot] was for Hawaii Promo Agency, so it was Pepsi. But I don’t really model much anymore.

Who is your hero/role model/inspiration?

My mom; it sounds corny, but it’s true. She grew up in an orphanage with no parents and she was able to raise me by herself. I think that’s something not many people can accomplish, especially since she didn’t get any guidance on how to be a parent.

What’s the first thing you notice about a girl?

The first things I notice are her eyes and smile.

Where would you take a girl on a first date?

Go to beach in the evening with a bottle of wine. And bring some bread and cheese and go for a walk—see where the night leaves. But I wouldn’t go to a restaurant and movies — that’s boring.

Boxer or briefs?

Briefs definitely.

What’s your guilty pleasure?

Ice cream. Lots of it. Has to be Chunky Monkey from Ben & Jerry’s.

What is a major turn off for you?

I guess just rude behavior. Like not saying thank you after opening the door, or burping. I don’t have many – just when people don’t know how to be around other people.

Do you have any secret or unusual talents?

“Hmm, I can do stunts on a motorcycle, like standing up on the seat and stuff.”

How would you let a girl know you’re interested in her?

First I’d probably just turn red! Nah, I’d just talk to her, ask her if she wanted to go out with me and my friends.

What do women like about you the most?

I think my smile. And I can cook really well.

~Half Korean-half White hybrid majoring in Communicology and German; with a minor in Business Administration. ~Easy-going CAT LOVER & Humanitarian..don't worry, I also have a Yorkie. ~When I'm not working, reading, writing, or cuddling with my pup and cat, you can find me on campus mentoring freshmen and planning campus events. ~Dream job: Writing for Buzzfeed... Heyyyy Buzzfeed! ;)
Sammi Baum is a 21 year old journalist working to inspire the masses with her words. Baum is Taiwanese-German, a journalism major with an emphasis in English and Italian, a curvy women advocate, a gamer girl, and a low-key fashionista. Currently, she is a junior at the University of Hawaii.