Campus Cutie: Brooklynn Price

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Let’s get to know the one and only Miss Hawaii Bikini: Brooklynn Price! 

What made you want to get into modeling?

“Funny story actually, my friend showed me an ad for the “Miss Bikini Hawai‘i 2017” pageant. I applied and won my very first pageant. Throughout the pageant we had to do photo shoots and ever since then I knew that modeling was my passion and newfound dream.”

Was this something you knew you wanted to do before?

“I used to model when I was younger, but it never meant anything to me until now.”

How important is your fitness to you?

“Very important.  I not only enjoy working out I’ve found that physical activity is my outlet, my stress reliever. I enjoy going to the CorePower Yoga sculpt class, because I get a great workout while being able to calm my mind as well it’s about having a sound body, mind and soul. I also believe that eating healthy is a big part of fitness, putting the right things in your body will have a huge impact on the way you look and feel.”

What would be your dream job/goal?

“I have too many goals and dreams to pick one specifically, so instead I set modeling goals every month. After I reach my goal I cross it off the list and reward myself with a treat of my choice. The most recent goal I crossed off my list was walk in NYFW and after completing that I went and got a New York style cheesecake! It was Delicious!”

What is the best advice you have ever gotten?

“Never let them tell you no.”

Who are some of your inspirations?

“Zendaya is someone I look up to, she has accomplished so many goals at such a young age. She is positive and kind. While also having a big impact in the community. She’s a triple threat, from dancing to acting to modeling. She is the jack of all trades. A couple major model’s I enjoy following on social media are Bella hadid, Jasmine Tookes, and Joan Smalls”

What advice do you have for girls who want to follow the modeling world?

“Perseverance is key!! There will be no’s along the way but even so, never let that kill your dreams or passions. Keep going! Personality is a must, no one likes to work with a diva. It’s always so rewarding after hearing the photographer and makeup artist say how much they love working with you.

My motto is, if you expel positivity in all that you do, the world will reward you with positivity back. This has changed my thinking and shaped me into the bubbly person l am today!”

Denver is a sophomore at the University of Hawaii majoring in Secondary Education with hopes of becoming a high school English teacher. She is also a part of Alpha Gamma Delta and loves poetry, movies and music!
Lena is a student at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. She is pursuing a Communciations degree with a focus in Digital Media, as well as dual minors in Business and English. In her free time, she loves being president of her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and snorkeling on the weekends!