Style

5 Unique Holiday Gifts from Small Businesses in Hawaiʻi

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

I am a true fan of finding local vendors and small businesses here in Hawaiʻi. I also love planning what markets are coming up next as an excuse to do some shopping. I have shared my top five small businesses below and I hope it helps you plan your holiday gift ideas!

@msnjarts

This is one of my favorite local artists and I have bought several of her products! MSNJ Arts specializes in resin coasters, jewelry trays and dishes, small planters, key chains, and cutting/charcuterie boards. The designs are unique ranging from floral, to glittery, to oceanic designs. She also does custom orders too if you want to add a name to your product. She is a frequent vendor at the Lōkahi Market in Kailua on Sundays and other various local markets too. Check out their website, Instagram, or Etsy!

@elegantscentshawaii

Who doesn’t love buying products that make your house smell good? Especially when they’re biodegradable, natural, and eco-friendly! Elegant Scents specializes in candles, body and room/linen sprays, diffusers and fragrance bags. I enjoy this artist’s seasonal collections. Just in time for the holidays, this artist is selling Christmas Tree, Sugared Chestnut, Peppermint Mocha, and Apple Pie scents. I would definitely buy from this small business before they’re all sold out! Check out their website and Instagram!

@kauibeautyofficial

If you have a makeup guru friend or you’re looking for some new makeup products yourself, then Kauʻi Beauty Official should be your go to! As a kanaka maoli owned business, they specialize in various products like blush, lipstick, glitter, eyeliner, and eyeshadow. Their products range from fun to natural colors. I would definitely put this on your list to buy if you’re looking to spice up the new year. Check out their website and Instagram!

@iriethelabel

If you live in Hawaiʻi, then you may need a swimsuit or two (or twenty). I recommend checking out Irie the Label Swimwear for cute and locally made swimsuits. Irie the Label has both two piece and one piece designs which are both trendy and affordable. The small business also sells cute pāpale, sun, visor, and bucket hats to go along with your swimsuit! Check out their website and Instagram!

@shop_suess

If you or your friend have been looking to add some elegant and affordable jewelry to your collection, then look no further! Shop Suess specializes in simple yet unique gold and silver rings, earrings, and necklaces. During the summer season, Shop Suess has sold fun colored jewelry as well. My favorite is the Pearl Huggies earrings! This is the perfect small business to support this holiday season! Check out their website and Instagram!

I hope this list gave you an idea on what to get your friends and family for the upcoming holiday season! If you haven’t started your holiday shopping, then what are you doing?!

Aloha! My name is Keilyn and I am a Graduate Student studying Public Health at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. I enjoy going to the beach, reading mystery books, cooking, and playing with my puppy, Kaiba! I love being on the HER Campus Hawaii Team and sharing my stories!