5 Resolutions You’ve Already Broken

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

January is nearly over, and new year’s resolutions are already a distant memory. And as you begin to read this article, you’re reminded of the ice cream you ate last night, the homework you’re putting off as you read this instead, or the money you spent on that too expensive dress (who are we kidding, you spent your money on food). But no matter what your new year’s resolution was this year, here are 5 resolutions that you have already broken (even if it was last year’s resolution).

1. Eat healthier and lose weight

By far, the most popular New Year’s Resolution is to eat healthier, lose weight, and get fit. However, after the first two weeks—or however long you last—you can’t help but reach for the carton of ice cream. School work starts to pile on, and you find that going to the gym is not at the top of your priority list. It’s hard, and I ~totally~ get that. There’s always 2019, right?

2. Save money

As broke college students, it makes sense that we would want to try and save money with the beginning of the new year. However, when you get back to campus, obviously you’ll want to stop by your fav restaurant or grab a cup of coffee to catch up with friends. The club with the $20 cover charge? No, I’m too broke. What?! Stacy’s going?! Okay, I’ll go. Do they accept high-fives?

3. Stress less

Stress is inevitable. Week 3 has come to a close and if you’re not already stressing about midterms, then you’re doing college wrong. And if you’re trying to juggle school and a part time job, then say sayonara to a stress-free semester, hun.

4. Stop procrastinating

Who are we kidding, the beach ~always~ comes before homework! Even though we say, “I’ll work on homework WHILE at the beach,” that rarely happens, if ever. So you can just call me the procrastination queen from now on.

5. Get more sleep

Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. But when Netflix automatically plays the next episode, it’s too easier to watch just one (or five) more episode! Who needs sleep anyways? Sleep is for the weak, am I right?

Overall, even if you’ve already broken all of these resolutions, you can accomplish anything if you really want something and truly set your mind to it! Remember that you can make a change any day in your life, it doesn’t have to be restricted to January 1st. You’ve got this, girl!

Hailey is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and is pursuing a double major in marketing and international business, with a minor in fashion design merchandising. She is one of our Campus Correspondents here at Hawaii Her Campus and she's an active member of Alpha Gamma Delta. Hailey loves going to the beach with friends, hiking, and taking pictures!