5 Bikini Brands for Hawai’i Babes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Living in Hawai’i, a girl spends most of her time in a bikini. You want to make sure that every time you go out to catch some sun, you also catch the eyes of everybody around you. Do just that by checking out these popular and beautiful bikini brands!

*~Same Sharpay~* Our spirit animal since 2006.

1. San Lorenzo Bikinis

This one is a given. If you have a friend that enjoys the beach, she owns at least one article of clothing from San Lorenzo. With location spots all over the islands, they’re easy to come across. The bikinis are very cheeky, which is great if you want to get a gorgeous bronzey tan. The fabric is very soft and able to expand to fit onto your body. Prices range, depending on the sales, so make sure you check often. They can get very expensive, but these swimsuits last you years (as long as you don’t abuse them!) Follow the San Lorenzo instagram for your location, and you’ll be notified about local deals and events! Hawai’i babes and students also get a discount on certain days if they show their Hawai’i state ID!

2.Coulbourne Bikinis

Coulbourne bikini is not for the faint hearted. This is a VERY revealing bikini brand, but when in Hawai’i, right? You can only order these beautiful suits online, but they are such amazing quality that they’ll last you forever. They are limited edition bikinis, much like seasons. New styles are being created by its creator all the time, and once a style goes out, that’s it! So be sure to get your suit quickly!

3.Midori Bikinis

This brand absolutely loves its bright colors and floral patterns, but they have simple suits for girls like me too. Their pieces are made out of durable fabric and will last multiple beach seasons (which is all the time, duh!). The tops and bottoms stay on , making it a surfer girl’s best friend for those rough waves. Another cheeky and revealing set of suits that look fun and adventurous for any beach occasion.

4.‘Olala Swimwear

Many Hawai’i residents have taken to manufacturing and creating their own bikinis, and ‘Olala Swimwear has to be one of the best priced, and fun brands I have come across. They are affordable, and the design stand out! You can choose from a vast amount of pieces, and find a perfect match to get an incredible tan in! The designs are unlike anything you will find anywhere else, and the quality of the fabric is good enough to last you a very long time.

5.Kalo Kini Swimwear

A brand that loves to create beautiful and photoshoot worthy bikinis, Kalo Kini is a handmade swimwear brand from the Big Island. The are not too pricey (a lot are $30 a piece) and come in many different styles! Whether you are looking for something that will show a lot of skin, or one that’ll show almost none, they’re sure to have something you’ll enjoy. The colors and designs are bright and eye-catching, leaving everybody around you ~*so*~ jealous for stealing the show. They also have pieces on sale, for those that want to be sexy, but frugal! #collegiettes

If you live in Hawai’i, you NEED these bikinis! You are really missing out on some prime tanning material, so get them now in time for summer! You’ll be feeling cool like Demi for sure *cues pool side music*.

21 // UHM // writer & bibliophile
Shiina LoSciuto is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa studying journalism and communications. She someday hopes to be a TV talk show host, as well as become BFFs with Taylor Swift. In her free time she is taking naps or obsessing over the show Scandal.