4 Wardrobe Essentials to Wash Away the Rainy Day Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Here at Manoa, weather can be pretty unpredictable. It can be sunny one minute and the next it’s raining. Sometimes, it’s sunny and raining at the same time! With this weather in mind, don’t get caught without these wardrobe essentials:

1. Combat boots:

These have been trendy for many seasons because they’re so versatile! Wear your boots with a tee and shorts for a casual look or with a lacy dress and cropped leather jacket during a night out. Whatever you wear them with, combats are definitely an essential in a collegiette’s closet.

Jillian, Freshman

2. Denim jacket:

A denim jacket is the perfect layering essential for rainy weather. If you don’t want to give your poor Chemistry professor a heart attack by walking into lecture with a revealing top, throw a denim jacket on. This piece looks great with floral and lacy dresses, as well.

Sarah, Sophomore

3. Oversized sweater:

An overside sweater is perfect for when you want to wear leggings and cover your derrière. The sweaters look great over maxi dresses and flowy skirts, too. Rock a topknot bun and a bold lip color to tie it all together. The oversized sweater is the perfect essential for studying in the cold campus libraries.

4. An umbrella.

Since showers are almost always expected in Hawaii nei, it’s a safe bet to keep an umbrella at your side. ModCloth carries cute ones for 29.99 — make sure to find one that defines you, you’ll never know who’s eyeing your style.

~Half Korean-half White hybrid majoring in Communicology and German; with a minor in Business Administration. ~Easy-going CAT LOVER & Humanitarian..don't worry, I also have a Yorkie. ~When I'm not working, reading, writing, or cuddling with my pup and cat, you can find me on campus mentoring freshmen and planning campus events. ~Dream job: Writing for Buzzfeed... Heyyyy Buzzfeed! ;)
Hawaii Contributor Account