10 Types of People You See at a Tailgate as Told by Kim Kardashian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Ah, homecoming season. Whether you’re an avid tailgate goer or a one timer, everyone loves the homecoming tailgate. When you’re ready to go to the tailgate with your overpriced UH t-shirt and tiny “H” temporary tattoo stuck to your face, keep an eye out for these types of people with the help of the one and only: Kim Kardashian.

1. The MoochWe all know (and can’t stand) the mooch. This is the person, male or female, who wanders around the tailgate visiting each tent in the hopes of getting drunk on someone elses alcohol. They’ll drink a few of your beers then off to the next tent they go to catch another helpless victim. 
  2. The person who had 10 too manyThere’s always that one person there who pre-games, gets to the tailgate early, and is done by 2:00 p.m., four hours before the game even starts. Props to you buddy, you go harder than I ever will. 
  3. The BabysitterEvery group has one. There’s always that one sober brother or sister who has to look out for and take care of the rest of the drunken group. They’re that true friend who will shove a pretzel down your throat after you start walking into walls. Gotta love ‘em, even though they’re probably hardcore hating on you. 
  4. The one who only goes to the tailgateBecause why would you want to sit on plastic bleachers when you can pay $50 for an Über home and watch the game in bed? 
  5. The Frat BoysEveryone hates on the Frat boys, especially at UH, but lets be real— would there even be a tailgate if it weren’t for them?
  6. The CopsThey watch from afar waiting to jump into the game and SHUT IT DOWN. Let us live people, let us live. 
  7. The overly spirited squadAlthough we rarely see them make an appearance at UH, there is often that person (or group of people) who go all out with the facepaint and gear. We all secretly want a picture with them, don’t we? 
  8. The FreshmanTypically seen with a lanyard around their necks, school ID front and center, standing on the outskirts of the larger jumble of people.
  9. The “Other Team” FansAlthough they are few and far between, sometimes they’re even a bit more rowdy than we are. 
  10. The “Single as a Pringle” and “Ready to Freakin’ Mingle” people.These are the people that constantly flirt up a storm, hoping to find someone to “netflix and chill” with them once the game ends. Classic. 

No matter what category you’re in, have fun and be safe at the tailgates. #GOBOWS

Alexis Florian is a Sophomore at the University of Hawaii at Manoa majoring in communications and minoring in communicology. She is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta sorority and participates on the recruitment team. In her free time she loves going to the beach (don't we all?), finding hidden gem food spots on the island, and writing. In the future she hopes to work for for a fashion/lifestyle magazine in PR, editing, or social media.
Hawaii Contributor Account