thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Look At Me Now – The SnapChat Emoji Petition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

Some of snapchat’s recent additions haven’t been my favorite things. The graphics you can add to your selfies are more disturbing than they are fun and I hate that they took the actual number of seconds away from other people’s stories, I want to know who’s posting the goddamn 200 second stories and how much more I have to click through.

The one thing that I am always excited about is the somewhat old addition of the emojis next to your friends’ names.

If you don’t have snapchat or you don’t exactly understand what these emojis mean let me do a quick run through with you.

The Yellow heart: you are each other’s mutual best friends! Congratulations! You love each other more than anyone else

The red heart: each other’s best friends for 2 weeks

The pink hearts: each other’s best friends for 2 months

The regular smiley face: This person is on your top ten list, not best friends but at least more than acquaintances.

Note that the smiley face is not necessarily mutual…

The sunglasses emoji: one of your top ten is also in their top ten. You may not be friends but you do like someone in common and that’s gotta mean something.

Grimacing emoji: Your top best friend is also their top best friend. Do you have a heart with your top friend? No? I know who does.

Smirking face: You are one of their best friends, but they aren’t one of yours… this is the worst and most awkward emoji but please note that it doesn’t show up on their list, you’re just one of their smilies.

Fire: The fire emoji and its corresponding number are the number of consecutive days you have snapchatted each other.

Star: someone has replayed one of their snaps in the last 24 hours, in other words, this person is interesting.

Ok so now that that’s out of the way I’m here to share my ideas for other types of emojis snapchat should implement.

Eggplant: if you only snap each other after midnight. We all know it’s a booty snap.

Smiling pile of poop: you snap each other on the toilet all the time. I’m unsure how snapchat would figure this out but I can’t be the only one who has this relationship in their lives.

Peace sign: you snap them all the time and they never respond. It’s a sarcastic peace sign, like byeeeeeeeee

Shocked face: they have sent you or anyone nudes ever. I would just like to know who’s using snapchat for its intended reasons.

Cat emoji: They only send you pics of their cats, which is amazing and everyone should have this next to their names.

Uncomfortable moon face: you met once and exchanged snapchats and now they won’t stop sending you drunk selfies. Can also mean this person literally never as a shirt on.

Party hat: you only snap each other when you’re with large groups of people to make yourselves look more exciting and popular than you really are.

Lipstick: you both take very cute selfies for each other and try way harder than you should on snapchat, just get together already!

Beer emoji: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eApJGC02dA

If you like these ideas, please join me in sending snapchats to the snapchat team asking that these changes be implemented. Chatting them a link to this article is also acceptable.

Class of '17, chemistry major, religion minor. Attitude like Kanye, feelings like Drake.
Voted Most Likely To Write A Tell-All Series About Going To An All-Girls School Entitled "Chronicles In Plaid" and Most Social (Media) in High School. Personally, I would have preferred being voted as Most Likely To Become Tina Fey and Most Goddesslike, but we can't have it all, now can we?