Insanely Infectious: Week 5

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

Hellllllooo Fords! This week we’ve got some insanely infectious tracks from Havana Brown, Schoolboy Q, and even a trapped out remix from dubstep favorite, Bassnectar.  Check out the rest below and see you all in 14 days!

Havana Brown ft. R3hab- You’ll Be Mine
The woman behind “We Run the Night” is back at it again, and this time with a little help from rising Dutch DJ, R3hab. This one’s just as catchy as her last, and would make the perfect addition to that party playlist.

Schoolboy Q-Party
As a member of one of the hottest supergroups in hip-hop,west coast’s Black Hippy, Schoolboy Q is one of the most talked about up and coming rappers these days. “Party’ is proof why.

Marina and the Diamonds- Primadonna
Rising Welsh star, Marina and the Diamonds delivers the catchy on this one. Off of her latest, Electra Heart, this is bound to be one of the next big hits in the US.

Sticky Fingers- Caress Your Soul
As the latest single from Sydney’s Sticky Fingers, this one starts out slow and progresses into one of those tracks it’ll be hard to get out of your head. Good luck!

Loon Lake- Cherry Lips
“It’s almost night time and you know that’s the right time to dance” There’s something so obviously simplistic about this track that makes it plain fun. I mean it includes one of those a capella group singalong bits, and encourages the dancing, what more could you ask for? 

GUILTY PLEASURE
Bassnectar ft. Lupe Fiasco- Vava Voom (Remix)

So this one isn’t so much a guilty pleasure, but it does include one of my favorite new movements in music right now, trap. Bassnectar traps out his own track off of his latest LP, and what a job he does. Absolutely crazy.

Lauren Gill is in her junior year at Haverford College, majoring in Religion with a concentration in Peace, Justice, and Human Rights. She is from Lewes, Delaware and spent her fall semester abroad in Australia at the University of Melbourne. Lauren is a regular contributor to her college's newspaper, the Bi-College news, writing music and concert reviews. Besides her love for all things music, she also enjoys traveling, reality television, getting her fitness on, and of course, tweeting.