Insanely Infectious: Week 4

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

New Mumford & Sons. To be honest, I was tempted to just put that track on here and call it a day, it’s just that good. No worries though, I pulled myself away from listening to the British folk favorites long enough to get some other favorites of the week here, all the way from Talib Kweli’s latest to a “California” sampling throwback to an always-reliable-for-a-favorite Kap Slap. School starts in 24 days, so embrace what you have left of summer and keep it insanely infectious.

Mumford & Sons- I Will Wait
The first single off of the Mumfords highly anticipated sophomore LP, Babel, due out September 24, was certainly worth the wait. Incorporating the classic Mumford & Sons top notch lyricism with triumphant melodies and that good ol’ banjo, you will definitely have this one on repeat.

Talib Kweli ft. Kendrick Lamar & Curren$y- Push Thru
Kweli brings in two of the biggest names in hip-hop right now on this smooth track. The video takes us through each of the rappers hometowns, from New Orleans to New York and finally Los Angeles. Lamar’s verse is definitely a highlight of the cut, so make sure you complete the cross country trip of this song. 

Blondfire- Where the Kids Are
This one’s been out for about a year now, but just one listen and you’ll be wondering why you haven’t heard it yet. The brother/sister duo from Brooklyn mix some MGMT with some Metric for a track that you won’t want to miss out on. Not to mention, the video is pretty awesome too. 

Tritonal & Kaeno- Azuca (Club Mix)
Texas duo Tritonal teamed up with Miami’s Kaeno for this bouncy, feel good piece of trance. This one exudes pure happiness, so turn it up and get your bliss on. 

K-OS ft. Saukrates- I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman (On the Run)
Bringing it all the way back from 2009 and sampling Phantom Planet’s “California,” this chilled out bit of hip-hop is the quintisential summer roadtrip track. If you’re going to make a getaway for these last few weeks of summer, you’re going to want to make sure this one is on the playlist.

GUILTY PLEASURE
Kap Slap- Nothing Inside Molly

I never thought I’d want to listen to The Wanted’s, “Glad You Came,” until I heard what mashup favorite, Kap Slap, mixed up. He brought the boy band’s hit together with Sander Van Doorn’s “Nothing Inside,” and Cedric Gervais’ “Molly” for this energetic track that is nothing short of insanely infectious.

Lauren Gill is in her junior year at Haverford College, majoring in Religion with a concentration in Peace, Justice, and Human Rights. She is from Lewes, Delaware and spent her fall semester abroad in Australia at the University of Melbourne. Lauren is a regular contributor to her college's newspaper, the Bi-College news, writing music and concert reviews. Besides her love for all things music, she also enjoys traveling, reality television, getting her fitness on, and of course, tweeting.