Insanely Infectious: From Nicky Romero to Bei Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

Summer is now just a distant memory and visions of late nights in Magill and waking up early for classes are all that seem to lie in the future. Hopefully Insanely Infectious can brighten up the doom and gloom each week with some of the freshest tracks for the soundtrack to those papers and problem sets. This week I’ve got an EDM heavy selection with everything from Nicky Romero’s latest tune to what is sure to be one of the biggest songs in hip-hop. Turn up those speakers (or your headphones if you’re doing that whole studying thing) and make sure to check back every Tuesday for the most insanely infectious tracks of the week!

Nicky Romero & Calvin Harris- Iron
If you’re looking for a new anthem, look no further than the latest from Dutch sensation, Nicky Romero, featuring vocals from the inescapable Calvin Harris.

Nervo & Hook n Sling- Reason
If you haven’t heard of the Australian sister duo, Nervo, take note. They’re quickly rising up through the EDM ranks and this collab with Hook n Sling proves why. Make sure you give this one a listen.

Bei Major feat. Waka Flocka Flame- Lights Down Low
Credit for this one goes all the way over to Ireland to Megan Gallagher ’14. Bei Major and Waka Flocka team up for one of those suave tracks you’ll be hearing all over the radio in a few months.

Hermitude- HyperParadise (Flume Remix)
I’ve had this one on repeat for a couple months now, and Flume’s funky sounds never get old. The up and coming Aussie can honestly do no wrong. Check this remix out and see just how many times you listen to 3:14 over and over again.

Bluestone- Capetown
With its haunting progression, this trance track can either serve as the perfect background music or dance party track. It’s up to you, but once you listen, you won’t be able to stop. 

GUILTY PLEASURE
Hardwell-Spaceman (Carnage Trap Remix)

If you’ve been anywhere this summer, you’ve probably heard Hardwell’s “Spaceman.”  What you haven’t heard is this dirty trap remix. It’s already being played by everyone from Diplo to A-Trak, so add it to your party playlist and turn it up.

Lauren Gill is in her junior year at Haverford College, majoring in Religion with a concentration in Peace, Justice, and Human Rights. She is from Lewes, Delaware and spent her fall semester abroad in Australia at the University of Melbourne. Lauren is a regular contributor to her college's newspaper, the Bi-College news, writing music and concert reviews. Besides her love for all things music, she also enjoys traveling, reality television, getting her fitness on, and of course, tweeting.