Centennial Conference Player of the Week: Meg Boyer, ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

This season the Women’s Soccer Team not only won the Conference Championships, but also they were chosen to host the first rounds of the NCAA tournament!! Meg Boyer, recently named the Centennial Conference women’s soccer offensive player of the week, has been instramental all season long in leading the HCWS team to victory.

Name: Meg Boyer

Year: 2014

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Ann Arbor, MI

When did you first start playing soccer?

When I ws 7 years old. I joined my first club team when I was 10.

What is your favorite part of being a student athlete?

Whenever I get overwhelmed with school work soccer keeps me happy!

Best sports moment?

Absolutely winning Conferences this year with my team!!!

Do you have a favorite professional athlete?

Lionel Messi. His footwork is incredible.

Do you have any pre-game riruals?

Too many to count! I eat the same things for breakfast, play the same songs in the locker room, do the same handshakes before kick-off. I’m very superstitious when it comes to soccer.

Charlotte Bax is a Junior at Haverford College and is majoring in History with double-minors in French and Film. She is originally from Santa Monica, California, but has also lived in San Francisco and currently resides in London with her family. Charlotte enjoys cooking, watching movies, going to sports games in Philadelphia. In addition, she enjoys traveling, surfing with her dog Cassie, and skiing during the winter in Solitude, Utah. After college, Charlotte hopes to start her own line of women's sports apparel.