Back @ the ‘Ford: Hot On-Campus Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

With all of the craziness that comes with moving back to school, your Her Campus reps wanted to find a way to help you organize life back on campus! Listed below you will find a variety of activities to get you oriented back to life on campus for your first week. Stop by a sporting event and cheer on the Black Squirrels. Maybe take a tour of Magill and find out if it really is haunted… Try out for an a capella group! Whatever you decide, this list is guaranteed to help. Happy back to school, Fords!

Monday, September 2nd

5:00 pm—Welcome Back A Cappella Concert

Come out to hear arrangements from a variety of on-campus a cappella groups in Marshall Auditorium!

Tuesday, September 3rd—First day of classes!

8:00 am—Arboretum Plant Sale

Help support the Haverford Arboretum! A mini cactus can improve the look of any dorm room. Freshmen, you get your first plants from the Arboretum for free!

4:30 pm OR 7:00 pm—Magill Library Tour

Take a tour of Magill library and find all of the study hot spots for the year!

7:00 pm—Freshmen Pre-Health Meeting

Any freshmen interested in the pre-med track? Be sure to stop by this meeting to get all of the details on the pre-health society at Haverford!

8:00 pm—Oxford Blues Open Rehearsal

This all women a capella group from Haverford is holding open rehearsals and anyone is welcome! Show up to belt some tunes.

Wednesday, September 4th

10:00 am—Quaker Meeting for Worship

Need to take a break from all the stresses of the first week back? Join up with other members of the Haverford Community for a quiet period of reflection in the manner of Friends (Quakers).

4:30 pm OR 7:00 pm—Magill Library Tour

Miss out on the library tour last night? Don’t worry, these tours continue all week at the same time!

4:30 pm—Field Hockey vs. Lebanon Valley

Come out and support the field hockey Fords as they take on Lebanon Valley!

8:00 pm—Oxford Blues Auditions

Try out for the Oxford Blues!

8:30 pm—Outskirts Open Rehearsal

Get to know the Outskirts at their open rehearsal!

Thursday, September 5th

4:30 pm—Outskirts auditions Night 1

Like all of the ladies of Outskirts last night? Channel your inner Beyoncé and try out for the group!

5:00 pm—Welcome Back Picnic (sponsored by the CCPA—Center for Career and Professional Advising)

Come out and meet the staff of the CCPA at this fun picnic dinner! A great opportunity to get to know this awesome resource on campus!

8:00 pm—Student Activities Fair

Head over to the Student Activities Fair on campus. Definitely go if you are interested in helping out with Her Campus! Her Campus Haverford will have a table and wants to meet everyone interested in helping out!

Friday, September 6th

12:00 pm—CPGC Community Conversation: “Humanitarian Relief: Stories from the Field”

Learn more about the CPGC and all of the amazing opportunities they have to offer! Charles Vincent ’77 presents this talk to the Haverford Community.

3:30 pm—Counterpoint A Cappella Auditions @ Haverford

Try out for Counterpoint- an all female Bi-co a cappella group!

5:30 pm—A Stirring Song Sung Heroic: African Americans from Slavery to Freedom, 1619 to 1865

Experience all that Haverford’s exhibitions have to offer and head over to the opening of this gallery event!

8:30 pm—FAB Quizzo

You don’t want to miss out on the first FAB event of the year! The ever-popular Quizzo is back! Be sure to head over to Magill Lobby to participate. Bring teammates, friends, or customs groups to compete with!

Saturday, September 7th

1:00 pm—Bi-Co Theater Auditions for “Antigone” by Sophocles

Calling all actors and drama queens of any and all experience levels! Try out for the Bi-Co Theater Program’s production of “Antigone”.

2:00 pm—Counterpoint A Cappella Auditions @ Bryn Mawr

3:30 pm—Jimmy Mills Classic (Men’s Soccer)

Come out and support your Haverford Men’s Soccer team take on Vassar at the Jimmy Mills Tournament!

10:00 pm—80s dance

Kick off the start of the school year right! Dress up in your finest 80s garb and dance the night away in Founders with all of your friends!