This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Halima Aden has been making strides in diversity in fashion long before she signed to IMG Model Management. In 2016, she competed in the Miss Minnesota USA competition, (part of the Miss Universe organization), and made history by being the first woman to compete in a hijab, while also making the top 15.

Soon after, she signed with IMG Models, and has become a spokesperson for diversity in fashion, regularly contributing to events meant to highlight the importance of diversity in media and fashion. This past April she covered Vogue Arabia, and has collaborated with Modanisa to create her own turban and shawl collection. She is also the first ever model to cover Sports Illustrated in a hijab and burkini!

Her presence has created a space for representation for millions across the world where there may not have been one before, and her bubbly personality has captured the hearts of many.

Whether she is slaying on the runway or #bossingup with her new collection, she is a timeless beauty and a force to be reckoned with.

We see you Halima!

Jamie is a sophomore at Harvard studying Bioengineering, S.B. with a secondary in Computer Science. She is on the board of Harvard's Society of Women Engineers and can often be found dancing on campus, listening to music, working out, or honing her entrepreneurial skills at workshops at the Harvard iLab or in Boston.
✰ Lupe ✰ Harvard Juior ✰ Insta: @inguadwetrust