Top 7 Reasons to Attend Eleganza According to Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

This Saturday, April 25th, the 21st annual Eleganza Show—the largest student-run production at Harvard—will be taking place. The Eleganza show, according to its website, “combines couture style with dynamic music and movement” in a dance- and culture-centered fashion show. Here are the top 7 reasons to attend Eleganza according to Friends.

1.All proceeds go to charity

The money made by the Eleganza ticket sales is donated to the Boston Center for Teen Empowerment, which provides mentorship and arts opportunities to teenagers in the Boston area. It’s an incredible way to give back to the community. Just like Phoebe.

#forthekids

2.The theme is kept secret until the night of the show

According to Scene Director Michelle Lee:

“Every year, Eleganza chooses a theme for the show (which is always kept a secret until the day of!).  The challenge for scene directors has been communicating this theme as vividly as possible through our song selections and choreography, especially when the three scenes must also weave together to tell a complete story.  Luckily, we have a cast of amazing leads and models who will make our vision become a reality this Saturday night.”

Which means that the show’s incredible theme will be more surprising than this:

3.      The models are stunning

Poised, classy, beautiful/handsome, and talented. They’re basically the coolest kids on Harvard’s campus.

But truly it will be an absolute pleasure to see these incredible men and women in action. Claudia Laurie, fashion board member, says her favorite part of preparing for Eleganza has been watching the dancers practice their routines: “The models are such talented dancers; it’s a treat being able to watch the dances and walks come together and try to figure out the fashion vision to accompany the choreography and music.”

Could they BE more wonderful to watch?

4.      The clothes are going to be fabulous

Because of the hard work of Lily Calcagnini, Fashion Scene Director, and the other members dedicated to finding sponsors, all of the models will be wearing brands you love and covet. Come drool over the stunning outfits that you’ll be scouring outlets for the next day.

5.      What else are you going to do on a Saturday?

Don’t pretend you already have some amazing plan for Saturday night. We all know the truth:

So spend your night watching an amazing performance and not in your room watching Revenge on Netflix—again.

6.      It’s Eleganza’s 21st birthday!

If Eleganza were a person, they’d be hitting up all the bars in Boston and telling their parents what it was like to get buzzed “for the first time EVER!” So come celebrate what would be the day of cutting up fake ID’s/passing them down to future generations.

7.      The board members and the models have been working all semester

Tirelessly working up to 12 hours a week on rehearsals, meetings, choreography, networking, and buying, the participants of Eleganza have prepared for this show for months. That means while you were lying in the sun in Cabo, they were putting blood, sweat, and tears into the production of this show.

The show starts at 8 PM, which is one hour after—

Hope to see you all there!

--
harvard contributor