Super Simple April Fool’s Prank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

This is the best prank I have ever heard of, performed by my roommate; it is perfect for any couples who are especially into pranking each other, and it’s especially perfect for Harry Potter fans out there.

Goal:

To change the prankee’s (is that a word?) contacts into Harry Potter characters.

What you’ll need:

The ability to communicate and collude with prankee’s phone contacts who you are about to change.

Access to the prankee’s phone.

You will need to decide how much work you want to do. You can change a couple contacts, or all the contacts–you just need to be able to keep track of who’s who. Now, before you change the contact, say, to Bellatrix Lestrange, you should contact that person to let them know about the prank, and to coordinate some funny things to say, as well as when they should start sending these messages. If you’ve decided to change a lot of contacts, but don’t feel like looping that many people in, make sure you write down who was changed to what, or this will be more than a prank–it’ll be a big mistake, and a huge inconvenience for whomever’s phone book you’ve just completely destroyed.

You should also change your own contact to something, and make sure that you are the first person to text them a funny message. The prankee will realize that it’s you, and think that the prank was funny, but they will have no idea what’s ahead. Other texts will flood in, from Albus Dumbledore, or Dobby, or Cho Chang, and your prankee will be massively stumped.

Let chaos ensue for as long as you want it to. And then text, “April Fool’s.” Though, by then, they’ll probably already know.