Sara Rosenburg ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Name: Sara Rosenburg

House: Leverett

Hometown: Cambridge, MA

Concentration: Comparative Study of Religion

Describe yourself in 3 words: Limbs too long.

What are you involved in on campus? I got involved with theater on campus pretty much the minute I moved in. I started out acting (and still try to find the time to get on stage every once in a while), but I transitioned pretty quickly into producing shows. I’m also a member of the Business board of the Harvard Advocate; and, for two very important weeks out of every school year, I’m a Freshman Arts Program proctor.

How did you get into producing? Producing is a really unique feature of Harvard’s theater scene — so unique, actually, that when a friend first asked me to produce a show here my freshman spring, I didn’t even know what a theatrical producer did. But — true to both my type-A need for organization and my secret love of sending high-intensity emails and running high-intensity meetings — I said yes, and I got hooked on it quicker than I could have imagined. I get such a sense of fulfillment from helping to make it possible for my talented friends to do incredible work here, and I just can’t get that doing anything else.

How did you get involved with the Advocate? Part of producing is handling the finances of a production, and I saw an opportunity at the Advocate to take the skills that I’d learned through theater and apply them to helping run the business side of the magazine. Being on the Advocate, and getting to see so many of my closest friends’ work in print (alongside ads I’ve sold to retirement firms and tiny Cambridge inns), has been by far one of my favorite experiences at Harvard.

What is your favorite Harvard memory thus far? Any time I’ve ever gotten behind on homework talking to a friend. (Read: everyday.)

Whats on your Harvard bucket list? In September of my freshman year, my good friend Josh and I discovered that we could do a mean cover of Regina Spektor’s “Us.” Even though by the time auditions rolled around our voices were both totally gone (blame Opening Days), we decided to try out for the Freshman Talent Show anyway, because obviously that wouldn’t be a big deal. Needless to say, to this day Harvard has never experienced our duet — but I think it might finally be time to get the band back together. Look out for us at a HoCo coffeehouse near you!

Something youre most proud of: The fact that I’ve managed to spend most of my time at Harvard making cool things with my friends.

Most exciting moment of your life: My first annual Crema Cafe tomato bisque. (Every year.)

Most embarrassing moment of your life: Actually, probably that Freshman Talent Show audition.

At any given moment, you are most likely to be found where on campus? Either Leverett dining hall (cereal access 24/7? yes please!) or Border Cafe (endless chips? yes please!). Essentially, I’ll be wherever the free food is.

Zoë is a senior at Harvard studying English, French, and Classics. She is an active member of the theatre community as one of the few specialized stage makeup designers and artists on campus. When not in the dressing rooms and at the makeup tables of the various stages available at Harvard, she is reading anything she can get her hands on, drinking endless cups of tea, and exploring new restaurants in the Boston area.