Meet Our New Chapter Member Simone Huemer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Her Campus Harvard welcomed five new writers to our chapter this semester! We are so excited for you to meet all of them. One of our newest members is Simone Huemer! She is a senior at Harvard from New York, and she studies social studies. Read on to find out more about Simone!

What is something you are passionate about?​

I love music and fashion!

What are some things you are involved in on campus?

I sing in an A Cappella group called The Fallen Angels, and I am a member of WHRB, which is the Harvard radio station!

What is the way to your heart? 

I love Barry Manilow, black coffee, and toast with raspberry jam!

What are some of your favorite books, songs, and movies? 

My favorite movies include Les Parapluies de Cherbourg and Bridget Jones’ Diary. My favorite books are Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre! Some songs I love are Life on Mars, Walk on the Wild Side, Solsbury Hill, and You Can’t Always Get What You Want!

I am a senior at Harvard College studying Applied Mathematics with a specialization in Economics, and I am planning on getting a language citation in Spanish. I am currently a co-president and campus correspondent of Harvard's chapter of Her Campus! I am also a committee chair of a student organization that works with University Health Services called HealthPALs (Peer Advisors and Liaisons). Additionally, I am a member and co-director of service in OAASIS (Organization of Asian American Sisters in Service). Apart from that, I spend a lot of my time as a Learning Lab Undergraduate Fellow at the Harvard Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning. I am also the co-founder of a project at the Office of Diversity of Inclusion at Harvard. I am super passionate about math, health, and higher education! In my free time I love to work out, experiment with makeup and fashion, visit museums, and try new foods!
Simone Huemer

Harvard '20

Simone is a senior at Harvard College studying Social Studies. In her free time she likes running, listening to an eclectic collection of music, and taking long walks around the city.