This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Dedicated to Narcissus, who wasted away staring at his own reflection…because I am here, falling asleep writing my own profile.

Name

Amy. Also known as Ames, Amykinz, and A, with no relation whatsoever to the character in Pretty Little Liars

Job Title

HerCampus Harvard Campus Correspondent (basically editor)

Job Description

Reading and editing content, certain administartive duties, coming up with new ideas, profiling oneself. 

Concentration

Statistics. And secondary is currently unknown, but will be decided upon sometime soon…hopefully. I’m also a pre-med student, so between my concentration requirements and my pre-med requirements, I am kept quite busy.

On Campus Activities

Other than a certain wonderful, fabulous, majestic online publication known as HerCampus, that everybody should be a part of, I also am a design editor for the Crimson’s Magazine, Fifteen Minutes. (If you have a love of pen-tooling, hit me up!)

I am also the treasurer of Camp Kesem at Harvard, an organization that runs a free one-week summer camp for children whose parents have cancer; it’s an amazing organization, and you can help by spreading the word, or by donating to the link below. (It’s tax deductible!)

https://donate.kesem.org/bumblebee  (my page)

Or

https://donate.kesem.org/events/friends-camp-kesem-at-harvard-university-fy-2017/e91667 (Harvard’s Page)

Lastly, I also volunteer at the Youth Homeless Shelter, Y2Y, where donations in the form of food, clothing, utensils, toiletries, or a helping hand…etc. are always welcome! You can apply to volunteer through the PBHA, and yes, I do like to shamelessly advertise for organizations I am a part of.

Coolest Class(es) taken at Harvard

Let me tell you a very sad secret: I have yet to take a class for simply my enjoyment. I have all of those planned for my very exciting senior spring, where I am going to take all of the courses that I have deprived myself of in order to complete my requisite requirements (redundant, no?).

That said, it does not mean that I have not enjoyed my classes. I LOVED my Expos class, Gothic Fiction. Stat 110 was also an excellent class, and I think a great way to let your brain do some stretching; it’s one of the biggest reasons why I’m a stat concentrator.

Coolest Place on Harvard’s Campus

I can be found either in class, or in my dorm, so my geographical/architectural knowledge is lacking. The Winn Dhall is actually quite pleasant: the ceiling’s glass, so it’s well illuminated, and the working people and clacking keyboards all around encourage productivity. Plus, you’re always close to the food.

Why I joined HerCampus Harvard

Freshman roommate forced me into it. Partially true. I love to write, but in a more whimsical manner, and I was not interested in comping journalism. HerCampus was laid back, had no comp process, and gave a lot of freedom to the writer, so I thought, hey, why not? And from then on, it was history.

Amy Zhao

Harvard '18

.
harvard contributor