This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Name: Kyle Whelihan

Year: 2017

Concentration: Psychology (secondary in Music)

Hometown: South Hadley, MA

Describe yourself in three words: Where’s the food.

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m a Tenor 1 in and Special Projects Manager of the Harvard-Radcliffe Collegium Musicum (or “Collegium” for short), the co-ed Holden Choir. I’ve acted in eight HRDC shows so far, and during the day I work as a Research Assistant in a clinical research lab that focuses on self-injurious behavior.

Can you tell us a little more about the show youre working on this semester?

Of course! Jacques the fatalist and his master is a new play translated and adapted from a novel of the same name by kat baus and Zoëy Bergström and directed by kat baus. The show is the first HRDC show ever to be put up in the Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts. Its story-telling makes use of the Center’s uniquely open, sunlit spaces to create a minimalist and interactive experience for the audience that has them doing more than just watching—they’re submerged in Jacques’ world! It’s a show not to be missed. Dates are April 24-26 at 4pm and 4/26 at 12! Email writtenupabove@gmail.com to reserve tickets if you’d like to come!

That was the most blatantly shameless plug I’ve ever spewed, but I couldn’t resist.

Favorite place in Harvard Square:

Right in the center of it, where the painters, singers, dancers, and patrons abound.

Whats one thing you could never live without?

My voice.

What will be the title of your memoirs?

I Waved at You Because I Thought You Were Waving at Me But You Were Actually Waving at the Person Behind Me so Now I Have to Move to Guam, by Kyle Whelihan”

Favorite HUDS meal: That honey butter stuff they have every Sunday evening oh my GOD yes

Surprising fact about you: There are 10 (I think) police officers in my family (father, grandfather, brother, aunt, uncle, and 5-6 cousins).

Whats your favorite song to dance to? CAUSE THE PLAYERS GONNA PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY

Where would you like to travel next? Why?

South America—I’m going with Collegium to Brazil in June!

Tell us about your celebrity crushes.

Tom Daley is only dating Dustin Lance Black because he hasn’t met me yet, but that’s okay because we’ll give him time to earn his Olympic medals before he and I inexplicably meet and then marry.

What do you look for in a significant other?

A religious obsession with the Golden Girls.

Whats your ideal date?

Religiously obsessing over the Golden Girls.

Whats your favorite Harvard memory?

Watching Aretha Franklin sing the national anthem at commencement (I sing in the commencement choir).

At any given moment, where are you likely to be found on campus?

Hiding from adulthood under my blankets.

Whats the top thing on your bucket list?

Aside from being interviewed by Her Campus? Passing finals.

Any Shoutouts?

Sir Joshua and the Kyrelithren (they’ll know).

Zoë is a senior at Harvard studying English, French, and Classics. She is an active member of the theatre community as one of the few specialized stage makeup designers and artists on campus. When not in the dressing rooms and at the makeup tables of the various stages available at Harvard, she is reading anything she can get her hands on, drinking endless cups of tea, and exploring new restaurants in the Boston area.
harvard contributor