IGP’s Player of the Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Every year, the Instant Gratification Players, or IGP, invite a famous comedian to Harvard to be their Player of the Year. This year, the line outside Science Center B stretched further than the eye could see as people waited for the chance to watch Nick Offerman live and ply him with bottles of scotch. The show was, predictably, amazing. Improv’d monologues by the man himself (whose mustache is bigger in person) were interspersed with hilarious scenes done by IGP. However, as is typical of Offerman, he did stray from comedy at times. He transitioned smoothly from memories of telling his Midwestern family that he was going to Japan to perform in a Kabuki theater company to remarking on the dire situation of mass shootings happening almost daily in America, reminding all of us that no matter how you talk about the issues, whether in a stand-up routine or in a classroom, the most important thing is that you’re talking. 

Zoë is a senior at Harvard studying English, French, and Classics. She is an active member of the theatre community as one of the few specialized stage makeup designers and artists on campus. When not in the dressing rooms and at the makeup tables of the various stages available at Harvard, she is reading anything she can get her hands on, drinking endless cups of tea, and exploring new restaurants in the Boston area.