This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

For girls with natural waves/ curls:

Ayo Ogunseinde for Unsplash
Wet your hair before going to bed, pat with a towel, don’t rub! Leave hair damp and comb through with your fingers. Then grab leave-in conditioner or leave-in treatment. I sometimes use hair masks, which can be used as leave-in treatment as well. Use an amount equal to the size of a small clementine or tangerine if you have medium to long length hair. Use an amount equal to three grapes for short hair. Apply from root to tip but focus on problem areas. You want to target split ends and damage, which generally occurs from the middle of your hair to the roots. So, try to apply more in those areas. Comb through the cream with your fingers until evenly spread. Then braid your hair and cover with hair cap or make one from a plastic bag or film to increase absorption. Leave overnight. Wake up and undo braid. Shampoo and condition as usual. Pat dry hair again, don’t rub. And use your hands to scrunch and shape curls. Let air dry! Curls will be soft and shiny and bouncy!

For girls that don’t have naturally curly hair:

woman wearing pink collared half sleeved top business casual
Pexels / Moose Photos

wash hair as usual then dry with a towel but leave hair slightly damp! Run fingers through hair to undo tangles. Use a small tangerine’s worth of leave-in treatment or conditioner. Apply evenly through hair, focusing on problem areas to target split ends and damage. When the cream has been applied to hair evenly, split your hair into two sections for loose curls and four sections for small tight curls. French or Dutch braid each section. And let air dry for a half-hour to an hour before going to bed. Leave the braids in overnight. When you wake up, undo braids and scrunch your now curly hair. They should be soft and bouncy. Add styling cream or curl pudding/curl butter for a firmer hold!

I am a senior at Harvard College studying Applied Mathematics with a specialization in Economics, and I am planning on getting a language citation in Spanish. I am currently a co-president and campus correspondent of Harvard's chapter of Her Campus! I am also a committee chair of a student organization that works with University Health Services called HealthPALs (Peer Advisors and Liaisons). Additionally, I am a member and co-director of service in OAASIS (Organization of Asian American Sisters in Service). Apart from that, I spend a lot of my time as a Learning Lab Undergraduate Fellow at the Harvard Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning. I am also the co-founder of a project at the Office of Diversity of Inclusion at Harvard. I am super passionate about math, health, and higher education! In my free time I love to work out, experiment with makeup and fashion, visit museums, and try new foods!