How I Use My Erin Condren Deluxe Monthly Planner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

In our Spring Break Survival Kit, we received some Erin Condren Deluxe Monthly Planners to spice up our planning for the year! Some of us already have other planners that plan out day by day (including me), but still want to utilize this monthly version to it’s full potential. I had a long and hard think about what I needed to organize better in my life… and it hit me! I decided to use this newfound gem as an assignments planner. Let me show you how:

In the monthly spread, I write down when certain assignments are due and when I have exams or labs. This helps me to see how much time I have to complete an assignment as well as seeing when I have a lot on my plate! This helps me to spread out my work over more manageable time frames. I also use the goals panel on the side to make tangible goals for myself for that month regarding my courses.

On the next page, we have five sections, one for each week of the month including days from the previous month and the next month. At least, this is how I use this section! I write the days of that week and the assignments that are due/I have to work on during that week with checkboxes so that I can keep track of what has already been done. On the lined page next to the weekly spread, I organize assignments by classes just to see how much that class is expecting from me in that month. All of my courses are color coded too for added flair using the Colorful Dual-Tip Markers that were also included in the survival kit!

Finally, the end of the planner includes 40 additional pages of just lined paper so it can double as a notebook! I started using this section to plan for any office hours that I go to. For example, the page I’ve shown here had some questions I was thinking of while studying to ask during office hours the next morning!

So far this semester, this assignments planner has really helped me stay on top of my game and I’m so excited to continue using it throughout the next few months! Can you think of any other ways to use a monthly planner? Let us know in the comments how you use your Erin Condren products!

Vanessa is a sophomore at Harvard studying Human Developmental and Regnerative Biology with a secondary in Global Health and Health Policy. She is originally from South Texas and is very involved with the Latinx community at Harvard as well as Harvard's Science Club for Girls. When not in a lab or working as a tour guide, Vanessa likes to spend her free time in thrift stores or playing Pokemon Go shamelessly.