This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Halloween may seem like a holiday that’s hard to celebrate in quarantine, but as long as you have spirit and creativity you can still have just as much fun with it! Below are some tips on different ways to celebrate halloween this year.  

Ship your friends Halloween gift packages 

If you can’t trick-or-treat and interact with others, have you and your friends make surprise packages full of candy and Halloween treats to open on Halloween night. This way you can experience the joy of gift giving during the holiday season early this year.

Watch Halloween Movies Using Netflix Party or Vemos

Movies are one of the fundamental ingredients needed to make a good holiday, and the good news is that technology lets us watch things together no matter where we are. With Netflix Party, you can watch together and use a chat function, and with Vemos you can video chat while watching. Facetime is also another option to use with Netflix Party.

Boo Your Neighbors

This is nothing new, but if your neighbors don’t typically play this game it might be a good time to restart it. Booing is a great way to make connections with the people who live around you while performing social distancing. 

Wear Halloween themed masks 

Even if you don’t plan to dress up and go out to a party, you can spend your day getting into spirit by wearing a cute halloween mask if you go out of the house. Wearing a mask is a serious matter, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with it. If you’re really crafty, try making halloween masks and sending them to your friends.

Give Out Candy Safely

If you do decide to give out candy, make sure you aren’t putting the children you give them to at risk. Have hand sanitizer out, and make sure each kid sanitizes their hands before grabbing candy out of the bowl. 
 *Remember to check your state’s Halloween guidelines!

My name is Savannah Rae Richard, and I am a freshman from Georgia. Currently, I'm interested in studying Integrative Biology and going into medicine. I plan to go into Dermatology and also create my own cosmetic brand someday. I also love beauty, fashion, aesthetics, and most things that come in pink!
✰ Lupe ✰ Harvard Juior ✰ Insta: @inguadwetrust