Harvard Square V-Day Eats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and whether you are hopelessly in love with another boy or girl, your friends, or yourself, it’s time to celebrate. I’m a big fan of “treat yo self” so when it comes to Valentine’s Day, I can’t think of anything better than a nice meal out. Besides, we could all use a break from dining hall food.

For the S.O. (Significant Other):

Sandrine’s Bistro

Located on Holyoke St, Sandrine’s is so nice that you are likely to only have stepped inside on parents’ weekend. Their menu boasts everything from a delicious Grilled French Burger to Fresh Duck Foie Gras. If you can’t make it to Paris this V Day, what could be better than a romantic French restaurant!

Toscano

This is also a parents’ weekend favorite. Their menu will transport you to Rome. My personal favorites are the house salad, Margherita pizza, and Rigatoni Norcina. Every time I’m in, I see fabulous older couples enjoying a quiet lunch or romantic dinner. You’ll feel like a total adult dining here with your love.

Harvest

If my boyfriend took me to Harvest for Valentine’s Day, I would be forever indebted to him. Their menu is so sophisticated that you might need a translator. However, everything, and I mean everything, is delicious. If you’re feeling like indulging (which you frequently should by the way) order the Ribeye steak– you won’t regret it.

For the Best Friends:

OSUSHI

I could eat OSUSHI all day, everyday. It’s my ultimate friend-date location. My blocking group (heyyy guys, shoutout!) had our first group dinner there, and since then we have had every group dinner there. They practically know us by name now. Their specialty rolls are out of this world. Try the Maya on Fire roll if you know what’s good for you.

Spice Thai Cuisine

There’s nothing better than pad thai with your besties. Spice put up such cute Valentine’s Day decorations that you can’t help but feel the love. Catch up about the cutie in your French section as you dig into some yummy noodles.

Border Café

Can you say margaritas?! If there’s some serious guac, burritos, and my girls, I’m totally in! I can’t think of anything more fun than digging into nachos with my best friends on Valentine’s Day (boyfriend, watch out, I might ditch you for a girls’ night out).

For the Single Soul:

Crema Café

If you haven’t been to Crema yet, you have seriously been missing out. If you’re treating yourself, order the Crema Grilled Chicken sandwich with a hot cup of coffee, and snuggle up with a good book.

Finale Desserterie & Bakery

Can you say chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate?! I sure can. I can’t think of anything better than a dessert sampler at Finale on V Day. Enjoy each bite, and think about it this way: if you came with your boyfriend or friends, they’d devour all the desserts.

J.P. Licks

I don’t know about you, but I can’t stay away from ice cream even in the dead of winter. There’s no shame in ordering a brownie sundae at J.P. Licks. You deserve it! Keep loving yourself–you’re the greatest, strongest, and most beautiful valentine you will ever have.