This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Who: Ernie Doherty

House: Adams House

Hometown: Woburn, Massachusetts

Concentration: HDRB… Basically stem cells. Really cool stuff.

Describe yourself in 3 words: Let’s gooooooo! (Writer’s note: tried to clarify that that is two words. Was informed by Cutie that the apostrophe-s makes it acceptable.)

Favorite HUDS meal: Chicken and rice with garlic-tomato sauce

What are you involved in on campus? Club Lax, Relay for Life, Simplicissimus (Germanic languages journal), Oak Club

What got you into Relay for Life? I participated on my mom’s team in high school, so when I got to college I started a team with the help of her friends and my friends and eventually got on the board. Now my main job is getting different organizations to have their own teams, like La Vie and the Sabliere Society.

What is your favorite Harvard memory thus far? Freshman year, I went out with the guys who are now my blockmates for the first time and we went onto the roof of Grays. The night reminded me of The Hangover.

Aren’t all windows that lead to the roof of Grays locked?! *goes off the record*

Favorite place in Harvard Square: *sadly* the old Felipe’s

What do you look for in a significant other? I think the best way to describe it is that they have to make me excited, the way a puppy gets excited. When I fall for someone, I’m blind to everything else, the way an excited puppy can only focus on the thing that’s exciting to them. Other than that, qualities vary but I like when people are different than me. That’s interesting.

What is your best physical trait? My eyebrows

Describe your ideal date. Parasailing followed by watching Mean Girls in my room and eating takeout.

Favorite song: I have so many answers!! Let me say three, ok? “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind, “Hero” by Enrique Inglesias, and then my wedding song is going to be “Dancing in the Moonlight” by King Harvest (starts singing)

Favorite quote: “I’d rather be hated doing something I love that be loved doing something I hate.”

What’s one thing you could never live without? Dunkins large iced coffee

Surprising fact about you: I hallucinate when I get fevers.

Can you tell me one of the hallucinations? When I was really little, I sprinted to my mom’s room and yelled at her that I needed my medication. When she responded that I didn’t take any medications, I yelled “but my hands!! They’re so small!” That was a hallucination.

Most exciting moment of your life: Harvard ski trip this year

Most embarrassing moment of your life: One night sophomore year I got really drunk, and I thought I was being a good person, so I bought my girlfriend of the time a burrito (carnitas with cheese, my favorite!) and when I gave it to her, she had to remind me that she kept kosher…

What is one place you plan to see before you die? There are so many answers… I want to travel the world. I want to see the Pyramids, I want to go on an African safari, I want to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.

At any given moment, you are most likely to be found where on campus? The Sky Palace balcony

Zoë is a senior at Harvard studying English, French, and Classics. She is an active member of the theatre community as one of the few specialized stage makeup designers and artists on campus. When not in the dressing rooms and at the makeup tables of the various stages available at Harvard, she is reading anything she can get her hands on, drinking endless cups of tea, and exploring new restaurants in the Boston area.
harvard contributor