Bobby Chen!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Name: Bobby Chen

Year: 2014

House: Mather

Hometown: Newton, MA

Concentration: Economics

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in three words: Objectively pretty loud

Favorite HUDS meal: I usually just hit the grill honestly

If you could be a superhero, which one would you be and why? Being the flash would be pretty unreal. Wouldn’t be late for things anymore and it probably would have gotten me out of a few jams by now.

What are you involved with on campus? I play in a few music groups, give tours for Crimson Key, recently got involved with is a cool startup called MyVendr.com.

Why is this exciting? MyVendr.com is really slick, its pretty similar to a Craigslist platform, but built around a free, exclusive and safe college network. You can create a free account, sell and buy things from other Harvard kids within 20 seconds. I got a great deal on a TV and course pack the other day, and the best part was that i knew the seller was a Harvard student which made me pretty confident i wasn’t getting swindled. The userbase is growing pretty nicely at school too, so there are a ton of awesome things to buy and more stuff shows up with each new person who signs up. Plus, me and my roommates are pretty amped for seniors to start selling off couches and fridges. 

What are you most passionate about? I’m huge into music, used to spend like 4 hours a day playing, so I’ve definitely become really attached. I’ll jam out to any music though, country, 90s, old school rap, or EDM literally anytime.

What is your favorite Harvard memory? My parents had me and my 9 roommates over for dinner during finals last fall, and my mom told him to only get a few bottles of wine since we all had to study for exams that night. Of course my dad didn’t listen whatsoever and came home with like 20 bottles because he’s just as big a joke as I am. At first moms was pretty pissed but everyone ended up getting really drunk and exchanging embarrassing stories about my childhood or my life since college. Pretty hilarious.

What do you look for in a significant other? Someone down to earth, energetic, and with a good sense of humor. I’m a sucker for great eyes though.

What is your best physical trait? My left calf. Maybe I’ll flash a decent smile here or there.

Describe your ideal date: Get some oysters and drinks, go kayaking or do something else outside, and maybe see a funny movie.

Where do you want to be in ten years? Hopefully running my own business back here in Boston, with a big German Shepherd and a house in the ‘burbs. 

Amanda is a member of the class of 2014 at Harvard from Connecticut, pursuing a degree in English with a secondary in Government and a citation in Spanish. When she is not planning her next trip, she can be found hidden in the back of a coffee shop working on her novel. Amanda is passionate about singing, theater, travel, and her family and is so excited to be working with Her Campus!