This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Coachella 2019 was filled with music and fashion ups and downs. From James Charles’s butt-baring chaps to Ariana Grande’s audio faux pas, this year’s Coachella was full of memorable moments. And for the Latinx community, it was full of memorable acts and more representation than ever. This year’s Coachella had one of the highest numbers of Latinx artists as part of its line up, so here’s 5 Latinx from Coachella 2019 you need to check out, and a playlist of their hits at the end.

Bad Bunny

Puerto Rican Latin Trap king Bad Bunny has taken the Latinx community and the world by storm with his music and his shattering of gender stereotypes with his bold fashion sense. He’s collabed with multiple big names in the industry including Ozuna on the song “Te Boté,” Cardi B and J Balvin on “I Like It,” and Drake on “MIA.”

Rico Nasty

Rico Nasty, who like Bad Bunny is of Puerto Rican descent, recenlty released her new album Änger Management,” and she recently held an event with the Association of Black Harvard Women and performed at Brandeis’s Springfest. Some of her hits include, “I’m Nasty,” “Smack a Bitch,” “Mamacita” with Lil Yachty, and “Tia Tamera” with Doja Cat. You can watch Rico’s Coachella Vlog here:

J Balvin

J Balvin is a Latinx party staple with hit songs like, “Mi Gente,” who’s remix included the one and only Beyoncé, and “Safari” which included Pharrell. He also most recently worked with fellow Coachella headliner Rosalía on the song “Con Altura.”

Los Tucanes de Tijuana

Los Tucanes de Tijuana is a Mexican Norteño band most famous for their song “La Chona,”. This song was part of the “La Chona Challenge” in which people got out of moving cars to dance to the song.

Mon Laferte

Mon Laferte is a Chilean singer-songwriter who has gained popularity throughout Latin America. Her hits include “Tu Falta de Querer” and her cover of Marco Antonio Solis’s classic, “Inventame.” She’s also collabed with Latinx legend Juanes on the song “Amárrame.” which won Best Alternative Song at the 2017 Latin Grammy’s.

Hear more songs from these artists and other Latinx artists at Coachella on this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7LKquzX9ddNtT33ET05MN3?si=FMCFyd0TQL2hqmm5IHZM1w

Harvard Senior studying Romance Languages & Literatures and Art, Film, and Visual Studies with a secondary in Ethnicity, Migration, and Rights.
✰ Lupe ✰ Harvard Juior ✰ Insta: @inguadwetrust