5 Goals for an Average Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

With no exotic spring break on the horizon, I am planning to spend most of my free week in a bed, sleeping, watching TV, and eating chocolate. Nevertheless, the adventurer in me is telling my lazy, sleep and show-deprived side to at least start out with a great list of goals for spring break. After break, I will reflect on my failures and accomplishments of these (not) very ambitious goals. 

1. Cook Hungarian food!

Plane tickets to Budapest may be too expensive for just a week… But that (hopefully) won’t stop me from reminding my taste-buds of the flavors of my country. Stuffed cabbage, sour cherry soup, and chestnut puree are all on my delicious to-do list! 

2. Fix all my colorful, flowery, light, and happy spring clothing!

The weather gods have not yet realized that it is spring, so maybe bringing out my spring dresses and shirts will help speed up this process. (Pretty please, it’s still so cold!) There are always pockets to fix and buttons to put back and long-lost favorites to uncover.

3. Make a quick sketch every day!

A sketch of my laptop as I watch TV? A quick drawing of my bed? No, problem. I miss drawing just for drawing’s sake, and maybe spring break will awaken my creativity.

4. Read a book!

Other people may be looking to escape hundreds of pages of reading, but as an engineering concentrator, I’m looking to escape hundreds of pages of problem sets. I need to read a book! First on my list is Ripper by Isabel Allende. 

5. Go to the gym more!

Spring break is a much-needed opportunity to start getting back in shape after those midterm-stress inspired hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and marshmallows.

We’ll see how this goes…