Zipcars Are Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hartford chapter.

Getting tired of taking the bus? Want to go somewhere the shuttle can’t take you? Planning a day of shopping with your crew? Or maybe getting up at 11am on Saturdays to catch the bus just is NOT your thing. Problem solved! The University of Hartford now offers Zipcars on campus!

Zipcar is a car sharing service in which students, such as you, can reserve a car wherever there is internet; like on your phone during lunch, while walking to class, or when you’re reading an awesome HerCampus article like right now!

There are 4 steps to renting yourself a zipcar. All you have to do is join, reserve, unlock, and drive!

Joining is fast, just go to http://www.zipcar.com/uhartford, click join now and fill out the necessary application. If you join before October 31st the membership fee is only $25 and you can get $35 in free driving! But the offer doesn’t last forever so use the promo LAUNCH2013!

Once you are a member you can reserve cars by the hour or day, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The rates start at $7.50/hour or $69/day. This price INCLUDES gas, insurance, and 180 miles per day to go wherever your heart desires!

Greetings HerCampus Users! Miranda here! I'm a freshman on the University of Hartford Campus majoring in Communications. I'm the PR&Marketing Director as well as Style Editor for the Her Campus, so if you have any suggestions for an article let me know! I'm always willing to make another friend so if you ever see me around, say hi! Contact Information: Find me on Facebook! Instagram: @crazyxmirandaxsoup Twitter: @mschmalfuhs