WWUH Radio to Host Documentary Screening

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hartford chapter.

UHart’s WWUH Radio will present a special screening of “Gasland Part II,” with a special introduction by public health policy expert Beth Weinberger at 7 p.m. on Thursday April 10th in Auerbach Auditorium. The film is being shown as part of the station’s “Progressive Movie Night” series, and is free and open to the public.

“Gasland Part II” is a sequel to an Oscar-nominated film on the natural gas boom that focuses on climate change, the oil lobby, and the U.S. government. The Guardian calls it “a documentary that declares the gas industry’s portrayal of natural gas as a clean and safe alternative to oil is a myth, and that fracked wells inevitably leak over time, contaminating water and air, hurting families, and endangering the earth’s climate with the potent greenhouse gas methane.”

In addition to 91.3 FM WWUH, the presentation of “Gasland Part II” is co-sponsored by Activate CT; Conn Fact; People’s Action For Clean Energy; Southwest Pennsylvania Environment Health Project; Don’t Waste CT, the Greater Hartford chapter of the Sierra Club; and Food and Water Watch.

May all beings be happy and free and may my life in some way contribute to that happiness. I'm a New Hampshire native, and a journalism major at the University of Hartford in West Hartford, Connecticut. I write books sometimes. When I grow up, I want to be a reporter.