#wearehere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hartford chapter.

Let’s talk about you and me. Let’s talk about our true being.

Have you ever had one of those deep thoughts that make you wonder about the world, about life, about you, and why you are here?

Alicia Keys, famous R&B singer, wrote a song expressing why we are all here – what our purpose is in making the world we live in a better place.  We were probably taught many reasons as to why we are here, biblical or scientific, but what about our true beings? We talk about wanting to make impacts in the world, and constantly struggle with how to do so. The song states that “we’re all here for all of us” – what you give to the world impacts both you and me. We are all here to inspire, to love, to motivate, and to live.

I am here to tell you that your sole contribution to the world starts with you. It’s time to do some soul-searching and figure out that purpose. It took me some time to know what my purpose is. College definitely opens you up to a whole new world, but I’ve found one of my many reasons for being.  I’m here to express and be creative.

It’s your turn to tell the world why you are here!