Shades Of Blue Smokey Eye Tutorial

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hartford chapter.

I will admit, I’m kind of makeup-inept. I don’t know how to do a lot of fancy things, but I decided I wanted to learn.

To create the look, I used the following:

• BH Cosmetics “Galaxy Chic” eyeshadow palette, Comet, Electra, Pluto, Neptune and Meteor
  • Rimmel Glam’Eyes Liquid Liner, Black
  • Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liner, Black Navy
  • Mally Volumizing Mascara, Black
  • Avon Perfect Wear Lipstick, Double Blush

So, first off, I started with a *completely clean* face. Normally I would use an eyeshadow primer, but I seem to have run out.

First, I put “Comet” (a metallic minty green) over my entire eyelid.

Next, I dabbed “Electra” (a green a shade or two lighter than Comet) in the center.

Next, I painted “Pluto” (a deep, shimmery purple) in the crease, and put “Neptune” (a metallic navy blue) underneath it for a sort of ombre effect. I also took an eyeliner brush and put Neptune on the outer corners of my lower lids.

I brushed Meteor (a very pale green) underneath my eyebrows and on the inner corners of my eyes, as well as the inner corners of my lower lids.

I finished the look off with black liquid liner on my lids, the Black Navy pencil on the waterline of my lower lids, and two coats of black mascara.

Finally, I went with a neutral lip since the eyes are so bold and shimmery. I really think it balances out my face, and the blues make my green eyes pop.

It’s not nearly as bold as I expected under my glasses, so I might rock this to class one day!

May all beings be happy and free and may my life in some way contribute to that happiness. I'm a New Hampshire native, and a journalism major at the University of Hartford in West Hartford, Connecticut. I write books sometimes. When I grow up, I want to be a reporter.