30 Days Of Novels – NaNoWriMo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hartford chapter.

While I love fall colors and pretty autumn leaves as much as the next girl, November means something totally different to me. I’m one of the participants crazy enough to try to take on National Novel Writing Month.

What exactly is NaNo, you ask? Well, according to Executive Director Grant Faulkner, NaNo is “s a rollicking conversation about all aspects of writing, and an invitation to dare to do what seems impossible. As any NaNoWriMo writers have discovered, the best way to learn to write a novel is by simply plunging in to write a novel.”

The challenge is to complete a 50,000 word novel in a month. NaNo staff provide participants with word-count helpers and plenty of initiatives to complete the seemingly impossible task.

For more information about NaNo (or to sign up for 2013 – it’s not too late!) visit nanowrimo.org

Are you a Wrimo? Add me as a writing buddy!

May all beings be happy and free and may my life in some way contribute to that happiness. I'm a New Hampshire native, and a journalism major at the University of Hartford in West Hartford, Connecticut. I write books sometimes. When I grow up, I want to be a reporter.