women wearing cozy earth tone clothese?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
women wearing cozy earth tone clothese?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration for Her Campus Media
Style

Zaza: The Four Year Old Artist and Fashion Icon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Even if you think you don’t, you probably know Zahara Bean, popularly known as “Zaza.” She’s a four year old artist from Lexington, Kentucky with 1.5M followers on Instagram. She first gained stardom when her parents uploaded a video of her dancing to Schoolboy Q’s “I Got That Water” and since then, her fame has been steadily growing. She appeared on The Ellen Show where she described her personality as “bad and boujee and cute.” 

But she’s not just a dancer and a personality, she’s also a rapper. Her first song “What I Do?” was released over the summer. Her most recent hit called “That’s a Nono,” features another talented child star, That Girl Lay Lay. But one of the things I admire most about Zaza is her style. With her 90’s flare and unmistakable confidence, Zaza is something of a fashion icon. I’m going to share some of her best looks. You can check out her other outfits, her music, and her life on her instagram: @redcarpetgirlz

Word to New York 

One of Zaza’s signature accessories is her navy blue NY cap. In the first image (far left) she brought out the bits of navy blue in her shirt with her hat. The dark color accentuates the bold yellows, reds, and purples in her shirt. In the next photo, she paired it with light wash denim for a casual dad look. In the third picture, Zaza is giving us a primary color fit but notice that her two piece set isn’t your traditional Dora the Explorer top and shorts. It has a high collar and frog fasteners instead of buttons or zippers. In each of these looks, the NY cap makes her outfit more casual and gives it some playful 90’s flare.

Staying shady

Yes, Zaza met DaBaby. Like I said she’s an icon, y’all. In these photos, she replaces her NY cap with sunglasses. But she never sticks to classic black shades. In her shot with DaBaby, she pairs heart shaped red glasses with her jumpsuit. In the next pic, she rocks transparent shades and chains to turn her corporate jacket into a streetwear vibe. Zaza stays on top of trends as you can see in the third picture. Wearing your glasses down on your nose has been a popular fashion statement as of late. Her yellow shades with silver wiring are giving me life. And we all know that circular shades can make your head look very awkward. But as usual, Zaza rocks them with ease. I think we should all take notes from this little star. Get some colorful, interestingly shaped sunglasses to set off your outfit! 

Getting Graphic

Zaza is the queen of graphic tees. As you can see cartoons, Harley Davidson motorcycles, and Chance the Rapper’s face have all made an appearance in her stylish outfits. The middle photo is my favorite because I can never pass up a monochromatic moment. The range of shades from mint to forest green make the outfit dimensional. Even her little barrette is green! The graphic tee’s job is to break up what could’ve become monotonous with a splash of red. See how she wore Christmas colors together and you didn’t even notice? Christmas but make it fashion.  

Now I know what you’re thinking. Who dresses Zaza? She couldn’t have styled that monochromatic fit by herself, right? Honestly, I don’t know. In a video on Instagram, she styled an outfit on her own which makes me wonder if the outfits above were also her doing. But whether her parents dress her, she has a stylist, or she makes her looks on her own, what matters is how she wears the clothes. Anything she has on, she struts with confidence. She wears the clothes instead of letting the clothes wear her. And that, my friends, is the key to style.

Cassie Herring

Hampton U '21

Cassie Herring is a graduating Senior English major from Woodbridge, Virginia. She is the current Senior Editor of Hampton University's HC Chapter. She is also a Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellow and Co-President of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society. In her free time, she can be found writing poetry or listening to R&B. In the future, Cassie plans to earn her PhD and teach the collegiate level to empower the next generation of leaders.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!