Your Guide to Starbucks Seasonal Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Whether walking through the airport, Target, or just driving around town, many girls’ favorite pit stop is Starbucks Coffee. There’s something about their indulgent drinks that keeps everyone going back! One thing that is great about Starbucks’ menu, is that they’ll always have their traditional frappuccinos and lattes, but they also have their delectable seasonal drinks as well. Served in one of 13 holiday-themed red cups, here are six seasonal Starbucks drinks you have to try:

Peppermint Hot Chocolate

This drink is a hit with chocolate and peppermint lovers everywhere. Starbucks’ traditional hot chocolate is paired with peppermint syrup and topped with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls. If you’re feeling more daring, try the peppermint white hot chocolate, which is made with white mocha instead of regular mocha. (Also available in low-cal, with the skinny peppermint hot chocolate.)

Caramel Brulée Latte

Caramel is great any season, especially the holidays! This expresso drink has a perfect mix of vanilla, caramel brulée and steamed milk, and is topped with whipped cream and caramel brulée topping.

Chestnut Praline Latte

Nothing screams “holiday” more than chestnuts! This expresso drink contains the flavor of caramelized chestnuts, holiday spice and steamed milk; topped with whipped cream and spiced praline crumbs.

Eggnog Latte

‘Tis the season for eggnog! This expresso drink is simple, but delectable – made with steamed eggnog, topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Gingerbread Latte

What are the holidays without gingerbread? This drink mixes the flavors of spicy gingerbread and expresso and is topped off with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Can’t go wrong during the holidays without a little pumpkin spice. This expresso drink brings together the flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, topped with whipped cream and real pumpkin pie pieces.

You can always have a caramel macchiato, but challenge yourself to step outside of your comfort zone the next time you step into Starbucks. What new drink are you going to try this holiday season?

Kyla L. Wright is a sophomore journalism major, marketing minor at Hampton University. Born and raised in the city of Detroit, Kyla was fortunate to receive many opportunities to be a spokesperson for the many organizations that she was apart of -- which is how she discovered her passion for writing and public speaking. In high school, Kyla took many journalism classes, attended journalism-based camps, and even won journalistic awards. Upon entering college, Kyla jumped into her field rather quickly. She thrived in her journalism classes at Hampton, began writing for her university newspaper, the Hampton Script, and even started her own blog, which could be found at thedreamdiaries.wordpress.com . Recently, Kyla was honored to find out she had made the list of "Hampton U Brands" for being a blogger on campus. Kyla is very active on her campus, as she's a member of the SGA's Women's Caucus, a Resident Assistant (RA), and of course is a YouTuber and writer for HerCampus. Upon graduation from Hampton, Kyla would like to attend The University of Georgia or The University of Oxford. Ultimately, Kyla wants to use her voice as a journalist to give back to her community and bring others up with her. She loves seeing others succeed, especially young women who are told that they cannot.