Style

What’s Her Campus HamptonU Wearing This Fall?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s time to pull out the Uggs, ladies. Fall has officially arrived in all of its glory. As we switch out our tank tops for turtlenecks, now is the time to get inspiration for this season’s fall fashion.

As the cold sweeps in, your favorite ladies of Her Campus are bundling up. Contributing Writers Jordyn and Loryn, and photographer Kyra, give a sneak peek of what they will be rocking this fall.

Kyra is pictured above rocking a mustard yellow sweater. She paired it with jeans, knee high boots, and her signature glasses. Yellow is a gorgeous fall color and it can definitely bring some life to the cold and dry season. Don’t be afraid to wear bright colors in fall. Pops of color are always in!

Here you can see Loryn (left) and Jordyn (right) in their fall staples. Loryn is wearing a navy blue sweater dress with black knee high boots. A sweater dress is the go-to piece for a comfy fall day. The boots cover up some skin so your legs won’t be freezing. Not feeling a plain sweater dress? Opt for one with patches like Loryn – “The patches add to a solid color and make it pop!”

Jordyn’s look is a beautiful play on fall colors – black, tan, and brown. She is wearing a wool vest and matching skirt with a black turtleneck, and coffee brown boots. Layering is the key to being warm and stylish at the same time. Her wool vest, a great statement piece, pulls her skirt and turtleneck together into a runway ready cohesive look. She says: “When I dress for fall, I like to keep warm so I go for anything soft and fuzzy.”

Don’t forget the accessories! Beanies, necklaces, earrings, rings… the choices are endless! You can grab a nameplate or hoops like Jordyn, glasses like Kyra, or stud earrings like Loryn. Accessories are the perfect way to add your own special twist to a look. Individuality is key!

And remember ladies, you don’t have to break the bank to look amazing this fall. Jordyn advises, “Reusing pieces you already have is important for new outfits.” Your closet has a lot of potential already. See what fall looks are hiding in your closet!

Happy Styling!

Special thanks to our lovely photographers: Kyra, India, & Shiyanna.

Cassie Herring

Hampton U '21

Cassie Herring is a graduating Senior English major from Woodbridge, Virginia. She is the current Senior Editor of Hampton University's HC Chapter. She is also a Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellow and Co-President of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society. In her free time, she can be found writing poetry or listening to R&B. In the future, Cassie plans to earn her PhD and teach the collegiate level to empower the next generation of leaders.
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com