This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

We all know the worries of the first day of school- new classes, new people, and the infamous (but dreaded) first day of school outfit. With so many different types of styles and inspiration out there, it can definitely be hard to find your way through the madness and to your perfect ‘fit. 

So, before the first day swings around, here are some tips for some effortless styles that won’t make you any more stressed than you already are!

1. What NOT to Do

Even though it’s literally hot girl summer, nothing says ‘I don’t care’ like that old pair of ripped up shorts in the back of the closet. While we don’t mind seeing those beautiful legs of yours, we also don’t want to end up at eye level with your cupcakes. So, try to keep your goodies covered to make a great impression. 

2. Keep it Cute and Classy in Rompers and Dresses

Make sure that you keep everything well fitted and paired. If you think that your top is a bit racy, throw on a jean jacket or a light sweater. A cute romper paired with some sandals or flats is always cute and professional. If that doesn’t work for you, a skater dress could definitely do the trick!

Ashley Stewart

3. Print is Never Out

If that’s not your style, a printed or pastel top with some jeans or shorts and some skate shoes make for an effortless and chic look. 

4. Redefine your Job or Internship

Take that pantsuit out of the closet and jazz it up! Pair it with some sneakers, hoops, and a t-shirt or graphic tee for the perfect laid back yet charming look.

Asos

5. Peplum, Peplum, Peplum

A peplum top can completely transform the way an outfit looks. It comfortable, cool, and stylish. Pair a colorful one with a white short or ripped jeans, and make sure to pile on the accessories!

Her Campus Contributor Account 
Jordyn Edwards is a graduating senior at the illustrious Hampton University studying strategic communications with an emphasis in liberal studies. Jordyn creates for others while being deeply motivated for her passion of storytelling and helping women find their voices.