This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s super important for us to be aware of the issues affecting us daily. We are in the middle of a pandemic, an election, and many more. One issue however that will affect women all over is the case of Roe v. Wade. The new candidate for Supreme Cout Justice, Amy Coney Barret,  has failed to respond regarding abortion and the case of Roe v. Wade. Whether she would want to overturn it or not. If elected to become the new Supreme Court Justice, and decides to overturn Roe v. Wade, this can mean so much for women all over the country. 

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, the main issue is that women won’t be able to do as they please with their bodies. If overturned there, abortion won’t be completely illegal but trigger laws will be put into place. These trigger laws will go into effect and ban the procedure almost immediately. The majority of abortion clinics will be closed to many women looking for a solution.  If overruled,  states can make laws that won’t ban abortion but instead keep it legal for women. When we talk about abortion as a women, there are many factors that play into why women choose abortion. Maybe these factors aren’t looked at when it comes to politics, but it should definitely be considered. 

This topic is super close to my feminist heart because it will affect not only myself but all women. It’s super important to stay on top of our current events and continue to be educated on what’s going on around us. Peace and Love to all women!

Willow Jones

Hampton U '21

Willow is a Criminal Justice major from Harlem, New York. Willow has hopes of becoming a criminal defense attorney. In her spare time, she loves writing and hopes to merge law and writing together in the future.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!