Wellness > Sex + Relationships

What To Do When You’re Horny In a Long Distance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

For those of us who don’t have the luxury of having their bae or boo on campus, it can be a struggle to satisfy the feeling of being “in the mood”. From not having any privacy, to simply not being physically with each other, fulfilling your needs can be a struggle. However, here are a few tips that can keep your relationship spicy! 

A little college hack on how to please yourself and your boo when privacy is scarce is by getting yourself in that shower! I know, most college bathrooms utilize the idea of community showers, but once it gets to those late night hours, the showers are all yours. This is the perfect time for pleasuring yourself while in the shower or facetiming your boo so he or she can join in on the action. Bringing each other in the shower can be fun and exciting and a great way to release that sexual energy. No one would ever know that behind that shower door, the outside of your body isn’t the only thing getting wet! 

Another way to satisfy yourself is by simply talking. Now I’m not just talking about the sweet, mushy pillow talk, but some good old sex talk.  By simply laying in your bed on the phone with your sweetheart while they are telling you exactly what they would do to that body if they were there can go a long way. If you are worried about your roommate or someone else hearing, just text each other. Texting makes it easier because no matter where you are, a simple “freaky” message sent in invisible ink will leave everyone else unsuspecting of why you suddenly have a big smile on your face. 

Long distance relationships can be hard, but through ways such as this you will never have to worry about being unsatisfied and in the mood again!

Her Campus Contributor Account