This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Since the beginning of time, Women in society have had double standards placed upon them …. Especially when it comes to their love life. We all know how society views a lady that does what she wants with no explanation. They aren’t used to it, so she’s automatically judged. But I can assure you that rap artist Future, with eight children with all different women, will be praised amongst his peers ( no shade ). It’s 2021, and young women shouldn’t be degraded or shamed for merely living their life. If 2020 taught us anything, it is that life is too short to let society control us. And a Queen by the name of Lori Harvey is teaching us just that.

Lori Harvey is the twenty-four-year-old stepdaughter of American comedian Steve Harvey. She has made a name for herself by modeling since the age of three. However, in today’s age, she is the headline of many gossip blogs due to her dating status. We have seen Ms.Harvey with Future, Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Justin Combs, Trey Songz, and Michael B. Jordan. And while Ms. Harvey is never too vocal about her romances. The media has a lot to say. And while some of the comments were negative, most of the girls are screaming with excitement. 

Women in this generation want nothing more but to be free. Society has created so many double standards regarding men and women, and I think everyone is starting to get fed up. Lori Harvey is the perfect example of living freely regardless of the hate and judgment she’s been facing for years.

I think women of this generation love her not because of who she’s dating but because of how she moves unapologetically. I think both men and women can take notes from her.

This year make a promise to yourself to date who you want, love who you wish to, …. And well, you know the rest.

Korrin Swinton is a first year journalism major at the illustrious Hampton University. Korrin expresses herself through her writing and visual art. She aspires to be a professional journalists and creative director for a magazine. She also does special occasions and special effects makeup on her free-time. To see all her work follow her via Instagram: @LookByRin.
Raven Harper

Hampton U '22

Raven Harper @raejhene is a Graduating Senior at Hampton University studying Journalism and Marketing. She serves as the campus correspondent over Hampton's chapter. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking new things, iced coffee and endless scrolling on pinterest.