This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

The music industry is booming right now! It’s not hard to find someone blasting Meg, Cardi, or Ariana from their speakers. And let’s be honest, we’re some of those people! So many powerful female voices are gracing the music industry and although we love our “Savage” filled car rides and “WAP” dance attempts on Tik Tok, we gotta also show love to the female artists that don’t always get the spotlight. Here is a list of 5 underrated female artists and groups to check out! 

Chloe X Halle

Although many know this iconic sister duo, I think we can all agree that the “Forgive Me” singers deserve more attention. The sisters have had recent live appearances on the TODAY show, GLAAD Award Show, and the US Open and killed it with the vocals. Not only are these girls signed to Beyonce’s Parkwood Entertainment music label, but they also appear on television screens. Many know them from the hit show Grown-ish and Halle is starring as Ariel in the upcoming live-action The Little Mermaid movie. If you’re looking for smooth, angelic vocals and several banger songs, Chloe X Halle is the way to go. 

Little Mix

Little Mix is a British girl band that has been on the scene since 2011 after winning the X Factor UK. Although they have millions of adoring fans and five albums under their belts, they still haven’t received the clout they deserve in America. The four girls, Jesy, Jade, Leigh-Anne, and Perrie, are the queens of harmonizing with powerful songs such as “Shout Out to My Ex”, “Break Up Song”, and “Woman Like Me”. They have even collabed with big names such as Charlie Puth, Nicki Minaj, and CNCO. From female empowerment to feel-good dance songs, Little Mix has it all! 

Queen Naija 

Queen Naija is an up-and-coming R&B artist who started off on Youtube. Her debut song “Medicine” attracted the attention of Capitol Records. After signing in 2018, she has had multiple singles and a self-titled EP. With the release of her debut album coming in the near-future and the recent release of her single, “Pack Lite”, she has already caught the eye of many in the music industry. She was featured in a song on Pop Smoke’s posthumous album and has collabed with Wale, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, Tee Grizzley, and more. The best part is if you can’t get enough of her and her music, you can watch her and her family on Youtube.

Solange 

Solange stunned the world with her songs, “Cranes in the Sky” and “Don’t Touch My Hair”. While we will always love and hail Queen Bey, we need to give Solange her props without always associating her with her older sister. For a lot of us, Solange was blessing our ears before we even realized it. Singing the theme song of The Proud Family, she gave us an iconic tune and we hope to see her voice featured in the upcoming Proud Family reboot on Disney+. 

Normani

We all know and love this superstar and singer of “Motivation”. Normani has really been doing big things since the split of her original group, Fifth Harmony. Most recently, we’ve seen her joining on tracks with Meg the Stallion, Sam Smith, Khalid, and making a cameo in the WAP music video. Normani is on her way up! If you’re looking for someone who gives energetic performances with great dance breaks and catchy songs, Normani is the artist for you! 

Her Campus Contributor Account 
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!