This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

I am a firm believer in the saying, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” That’s why I write down single due date, deadline, and meeting. That’s also why I was overjoyed when The Ultimate Weekly Planner reached out to me about reviewing their products. They were kind enough to send me two versions: the Classic Watercolor and the Modern Minimal Planner. Keep reading for an in depth review! 

Pictured Above: Classic Watercolor

The very first thing I noticed upon receiving these planners is the quality. The paper is thick enough for you to doodle with both ink pens and sharpies. The book itself is sturdy enough to withstand daily wear and tear which is perfect for college students on the go. In addition to the durable quality, the size is very convenient. 6×8 inch planners like this one are perfect to stash in your bag on the way to class (and not so small that you have to write in size 5 font). 

Now moving to the inside of the planner. As the website states, “The month and note pages are identical on every version of the 2020 planner. However the week pages are not. The Watercolor design has two layout options for the week pages. These two layout options are called the ‘classic’ layout and the ‘modern’ layout.” There are also a couple other differences between the two planners which you can find out on their comparison page

I must say that I really enjoy the classic layout. As pictured above, the minimal design allows you to focus on what matters. This design is genius because you won’t get distracted by any extra fluff. Instead, you have space for a weeklong to do list as well as a daily schedule. You can jot down all the little tasks that pop up throughout the week and then effectively distribute them across those 7 days. The boxes down the left side of the page make habit tracking, listing priorities, and note taking simple. Need more space to take notes? The last pages of the planner are specifically for this purpose! The Ultimate Weekly Planner has the most notetaking pages I’ve ever seen in a planner. Overall, the layout is not only crisp and clean but also super functional. 

Another thing that is great about this planner is the spiral binding. Having a planner that lays flat just makes life easier. However, what I appreciate most about this planner are the Bible verses throughout. On top of each weekly spread and dividing page there is a scripture. I love bringing God into every single aspect of my life so I was excited to see those thoughtful touches. Sometimes life gets so hectic that we don’t spend enough time with God but with a planner like this one, you can meditate on one scripture for the whole week. Read it every time you open up your agenda and do the SOAP method on the blank pages in the back. These Bible verses are the most special and most important part of this planner. 

The only real complaint I have about this planner is that there are no tabs. Tabs make it easier to flip quickly from month to month when I’m trying to see when I am free or what my next few months are looking like. But upon further research, I found that you can buy monthly tabs separately for only $5.00. With that being said, I have absolutely no complaints about this planner. Thank you to The Ultimate Weekly Planner for giving me the opportunity to review this amazing product. 

Ladies, you know that we can’t talk about products without talking about price points. You can get a softcover in either layout for $17.99 or a hardcover (only applicable to the Modern) for $37.99. This is pretty reasonable considering that Plum Paper planners run up to $41.00 with added pages or months. 

If you or a friend are interested in these planners, use my discount code: CASSIE10 for 10% off any 2020 planner purchased on UltimateWeeklyPlanner.com. Happy Planning! 

Cassie Herring

Hampton U '21

Cassie Herring is a graduating Senior English major from Woodbridge, Virginia. She is the current Senior Editor of Hampton University's HC Chapter. She is also a Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellow and Co-President of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society. In her free time, she can be found writing poetry or listening to R&B. In the future, Cassie plans to earn her PhD and teach the collegiate level to empower the next generation of leaders.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!