Treat Yourself This Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Spring break is upon us and some students are jetting off to tropical destinations with beautiful beaches and fruity drinks. However, some of us are simply going home for spring break. But that doesn’t mean you can’t feel pampered and relaxed as the people laying out in the sun. Here are some ways you can treat yourself in the comfort of your home.

Facemasks

Face masks are always a great way to pamper yourself. They are basically at home facials. Now if you have the means, feel free to treat yourself to a professional facial because they’re great. But if you’re pampering on a budget, breakout your favorite mask from the medicine cabinet. Freeman, Shea Moisture, Que Bella and Yes to Tomatoes are great affordable face mask brands.  If you don’t have a mask lying around, don’t worry, because you can make a DIY mask with ingredients in your kitchen. If you want to be fancy and steam your face but you don’t have a face steamer, you can boil hot water and hold your face over the bowl.

Bubble Bath

You’ve probably been showering in the “not so relaxing” dorm showers but now that your home you can have a refreshing bathing experience. No shower shoes, no dirt, just relaxation. Run yourself a hot bubble bath and make your water pretty with a Lush bath bomb. If you don’t have a bath bomb you can use bath salt as well. Also, give your skin some extra TLC by exfoliating with your favorite scrub.  Make your bathroom into a spa by lighting candles and turning on some relaxing tunes.  Lay your head back and relax ladies.

Mani/Pedi

If you are feeling up to it, you can give yourself a manicure and pedicure. This can actually be therapeutic because your mind is focused on painting and not millions of other things. However, if you don’t want to deal with waiting for your nails to dry do something else that makes you feel at peace. Perhaps it’s whitening your teeth, grabbing some tea and reading your favorite book, or binge watching Netflix.  If it makes you feel relaxed, do it!

Massage

If you have the extra money to splurge, I highly recommend getting a professional massage. You can probably find an affordable massage package at your local spas, nail shops and massage parlors. Try to convince your mom and dad to treat you for how hard you’ve been working this semester. And if that doesn’t work you can always stop and get a cheap one in the mall.

Staycation

Even though you may not be going on a trip you can go on a “staycation”. This is when you find a nice hotel, preferably with a pool, in a fun area that’s not too close to home yet not too far. You can stay for a night or two and enjoy the surrounding area. This way you are getting away without spending a huge load of money. And you can at least pretend you’re on a vacation.

Hopefully, you’ve been inspired by some of these suggestions and are planning your “at home spa treatment” right now. Use this break to spoil your self!